Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, February 4 to Sunday, February 10, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
Sail into February with the kids starting with a free trip to the zoo, Sesame Street Characters live on stage, a well-deserved parents night out, a family-friendly Lunar New Year celebration and more.
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Free Tuesday Afternoons at the Houston Zoo | Tuesday, February 5 | FREE – Roar with the lions, tower tall with the giraffes, and marvel at all the other wonderful creatures at the Houston Zoo free of charge on Tuesday afternoon. Attractions outside of admission will be regularly priced. Noon to 6pm.
- Sesame Street Live at NRG Arena | Thursday, February 7 to Sunday, February 10 – Sing along with Elmo, Big Bird, Abby Cadabby and other furry favorites from Sesame Street at NRG Arena. Your younger kids will delight in seeing their favorite characters take the stage during this interactive show. Tickets start at $20. Showtimes vary.
- Baby Day at the Children’s Museum of Houston | Thursday, February 7 and Friday, February 8 – Have a blast with the tiny humans in your life at a Texas-wide celebration of babies. Baby Day is an exciting time for families to come together to learn more about those first 3 years of life with play, exploration, music classes and more. Ages 0 to 3. General admission is required. 10am to 6pm.
- The Princess Bride Movie Screening Party at Alamo Drafthouse La Centerra | Thursday, February 7 – As you wish to have a fun family night at the movies, now you can with The Princess Bride. The iconic movie starring Cary Elwes and Robin Wright will be on the big screen while audience members enjoy their own inflatable sword battles (provided by the theater) in their seats. The movie is rated PG; ages 6 and up only. Movie ticket required. 7pm.
- GoGames360 Woodlands at Woodlands Town Center | Friday, February 8 to Sunday, February 10 – The game is on in The Woodlands this weekend for all game lovers. Experienced gamers, both electronic and board, can enjoy tournaments, but all will have a blast in less competitive open play. There are tons of activities, hundreds of games, and Cosplay is welcome. Times vary.
- Parents Night Out at Republic Gymnastics | Friday, February 8 – Head out for date night after you drop the kids off at Republic Gymnastics in Cypress for a bouncing night of fun. Kids will have tons of fun burning energy by running, tumbling, and playing, all while you enjoy a well-earned break. Ages 3 (potty trained) and up. $18 per child. 7pm to 11pm.
- Dancing with the Stars: Live! at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, February 8 – Experience a close-up show of fan favorites and troupe dancers from Dancing with the Stars when they bring their dancing shoes to Sugar Land. Their lights, action, choreography, and ballroom dances have been captivating audiences around the country. Age appropriate fans of the show will enjoy this exciting night out. Tickets start at $55. 8pm.
- Graeme’s Run at No Label Brewery in Katy | Saturday, February 9 – Raise money for heart babies in a big way at Graeme’s Run. Money raised will be donated to various heart foundations including The Children’s Heart Foundation. The entire family can partake in the activities starting with a 1 or 5k fun run, followed by live music, bounce houses, a playground, storybook characters, face painting and more. Strollers and dogs are welcome. Registration for kids 12 and under is $20; $40 for adults; late registration is at 8am and the run starts at 9am.
- Lunar New Year Family Day at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, February 9 | No Cover – Ring in The Year of the Pig at with fun-filled family day at Asia Society Texas Center. Let the performances entertain you with their traditional dance and bright colors. There will be plenty of activities including, arts and crafts, face painting, and making Japanese greeting cards just to name a few. Admission is free, with ticketed performances. Noon to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).