Cheer on the home teams at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, February 4 through Sunday, February 10, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
High-stakes college basketball and a weekend of pulse-pounding monster trucks highlight a week of must-see sports around town.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Live Thoroughbred and Chihuahua Races at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, February 9 – A night at the race park is topped off with the first annual Chihuahua Races taking place in-between live thoroughbred racing in Northwest Houston. Tickets for general admission are $8; $5 for children under 13. 5:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 9 – The Rockets were victorious over the Thunder on Christmas Day, but the red-hot squad from Oklahoma will look to exact revenge against James Harden and Red Nation. Tickets for this highly anticipated matchup range from $42 to over $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Texas Southern Tigers vs. Prairie View A&M at HPE Arena | Saturday, February 9 – The most anticipated rivalry in the Southwestern Athletic Conference wraps up another year on the campus of Texas Southern University. PVAMU edged TSU by six points in January, setting up a revenge game for the Tigers to pull even. Tickets start at $15. 7:30pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 9 and Sunday, February 10 – The high-flying monster trucks return to Houston for a weekend engagement, with appearances by Grave Digger, Megalodon, Monster Mutt and more. Tickets range from $15 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Houston Cougars vs. Cincinnati Bearcats at Fertitta Center | Sunday, February 10 – One of the top-25 teams in the nation, the Cougars face the only other team to keep pace with them throughout the season, the Cincinnati Bearcats. This battle of the top two teams in the American Athletic Conference is one of the biggest games of the Cougars’ wonder-run season. Tickets for limited seats remain, starting at $130, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 3pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).