Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, February 6 to Sunday, February 10, 2019.
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Also in February 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- Weddings Showcase at The Dunlavy – The Dunlavy partners up with Brides of Houston and style their venue for a ceremony, reception and rehearsal dinner for guests to enjoy during a cocktail hour styled like a wedding. Tickets are $25. 5pm to 8pm.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Join Axelrad for their popular Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of the best jazz musicians in Houston. 6:30pm.
- Current Joys in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Current Joys, the project of singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Nick Rattigan, headlines at White Oak Music Hall. Gap Girls and Meet Me at Midnight open the show. Ticket are $12. 7pm.
- Buxton with Daniel Romano at The Continental Club – Local Americana-rock band, Buxton, headlines at The Continental Club with support from country musician, Daniel Romano. Tickets are $10. 8pm.
Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH| No Cover – Browse the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and enjoy a cash bar, local DJ, and grub from a local food truck. 5pm to 8pm.
- Musiqa in Concert at CAMH | No Cover – In conjunction with the current art exhibition Cheryl Donegan: GRLZ + VEILS, Musiqa presents a concert inspired by her work at CAMH. 6:30pm.
- Big Head Todd & the Monsters in Concert at House of Blues – See a performance from the ’90s rock band, Big Head Todd & the Monsters at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $32.50 to $59.50. 6:30pm.
- Darrell Scott in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Country singer-songwriter and guitarist, Darrel Scott, comes to town to play at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. There will be a performance at 7pm and 9:30pm. Tickets are $30 in advance; $33 at the door. 7pm.
- Neko Case in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The singer-songwriter and former member of the Canadian indie band, The New Pornographers, Neko Case, performs at White Oak Music Hall. Folk singer Kimya Dawson opens the show. Tickets start at $34. 7pm.
- Harry Potter Trivia at Great Heights Brewing Company – Witches and wizards can come together for an evening of Harry Potter Trivia at Great Heights Brewing. Tickets start at $6. 7:30pm.
- Femme Fatale at The Flat | No Cover – The local all-female DJ collective, Femme Fatale, spins at The Flat on Thursday evenings. 10pm.
Friday, February 8, 2019
- Samantha Fish in Concert at The Heights Theater – Contemporary blues singer, Samantha Fish takes the stage at The Heights Theater in support of her new record, Belle of the West. Tickets are $22. 8pm.
- Dancing with the Stars: Live! at Smart Financial Centre – The Dancing with the Stars: Live! show will feature fan-favorite professional and troupe dancers in a brand-new production showcasing every type of dance style as seen on ABC’s hit show Dancing with the Stars, ranging from ballroom and jazz to modern and hip-hop. Tickets start at $55, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- Lucy Dacus in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Fresh off of her latest critically acclaimed album, Historian, Lucy Dacus headlines at White Oak Music Hall. Illuminati Hotties open the show. Tickets start at $10. 8pm.
- Dillon Francis X Alison Wonderland in Concert at Revention Music Center – Catch a set from the producer and DJ Dillon Francis along with the Australian DJ and singer, Alison Wonderland at Revention Music Center. Francis, known for his “moombahton” genre, and Wonderland, who was named one of the top 100 DJ’s on DJ Mag, come together for their “Lost My Mind” co-headlining tour. Tickets start at $40. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Flashback Fridays at Henke & Pillot in Downtown | No Cover – Head to Henke & Pillot for a laid-back dance night each Friday as the dynamic duo, DJ Stashwell & DJ FlipHop, provide all the hits from the past and present. 10pm.
- Arty at Clé Houston – Famed DJ, producer, and EDM heavyweight, Arty spins at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Saturday, February 9, 2019
- 2019 Lunar New Year Festival at Chinese Community Center – Celebrate the Year of the Pig at the annual family-friendly 2019 Lunar New Year Festival at the Chinese Community Center. The festival will feature local food vendors, information booths, cultural performances, craft activities for the whole family, and more. 10am to 4pm.
- FLOA: For the Love of Art at Center Stage Gallery | FREE – 1 Collab Event Group is hosting a free, family-friendly event featuring a live art show, poetry, vendors, and complimentary food. Noon to 4pm.
- Tapas on the Trails at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Enjoy French-inspired tapas paired with wine and beer while supporting the Houston Arboretum. This evening features a romantic walk on their trails with four stops throughout the forest and commemorative glasses to take home. Tickets are $95 for non-members; $85 for members. 5pm to 9pm.
- DaniLeigh in Concert at House of Blues – Dominican singer and dancer DaniLeigh plays a live show at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $15. 7pm.
- Agent Orange in Concert at The Secret Group – Watch a set from the California punk rock band, Agent Orange at The Secret Group. Tickets are $15. 7pm.
- Soccer Mommy in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Soccer Mommy, the project of Nashville-based singer-songwriter Sophie Allison, headlines at White Oak Music Hall. Hovvdy and Motiongazer open the show. Tickets start at $12. 7pm.
- Sur Fest 7 at The Continental Club – Sur Fest, a festival that showcases Latin American artists, host their 7th Annual show at The Continental Club. Some bands include La Frenetika, Espantapajaros, Elyze and many more. Tickets are $20. 10pm.
Sunday, February 10, 2019
- Galentines Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – Get together with your gal pals and head over to the Galentines Market at Karbach Brewing Co. There will be local artists and vendors, Valentine’s Day portraits, and a screening of the movie, Bridesmaids. Noon to 8pm.
- EastEndBikeRide: 5th Annual Love Ride at D&W Lounge | FREE – Join EastEndBikeRide for a Valentine’s bike ride around town and visit several “Love” murals. There will be about 4 stops. Noon to 4pm.
- Sunday Funday Sessions at The Flat | No Cover – The Flat hosts their Sunday Sessions with sounds by DJ SMNS and an all-day happy hour that features $4 Frozé’s (frozen rosé). 5pm.
- February Mixology Class at Poitín Bar & Kitchen – Spend a couple of hours with cocktail experts and learn how to make your own delicious and unique drinks at Poitín Bar & Kitchen. Tickets are $65. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Marc Anthony in Concert at Toyota Center – Two-time Grammy Award and five-time Latin Grammy Award winner, Marc Anthony, brings his signature salsa hits to the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $61, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- The Knocks at House of Blues – American electronic music duo The Knocks perform a show in the Bronze Peacock Room at House of Blues in Downtown. Blu DeTiger and Young & Sick open. Tickets are $23. Doors at 8pm. Show at 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.