Make the most of your month with our list of 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during February 2019.
Also in February 2019
Happening This Week
The shortest month of the year is chock-full of exciting events and festivities, and we’ve rounded up the best of the best. From romantic Valentine’s dinners and epic concerts at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo to Super Bowl watch parties and Year of the Pig celebrations, you’re in for a fabulous February no matter what your heart desires.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of February.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston This Month: February 2019
- Waitress at the Hobby Center | Through Sunday, February 3 – Enjoy all-original music and lyrics by six-time Grammy winner Sara Bareilles in the new, touring hit, Waitress, presented by Broadway at the Hobby Center. In the play, a waitress and expert pie maker dreams of breaking out of her small-town life and loveless marriage after entering a baking contest in a nearby county. Tickets start at $47, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Showtimes vary.
- Super Beef Sunday at Saint Arnold Brew Co | Sunday, February 3 – Feast on loads of delicious barbecue at Saint Arnold’s sixth annual Super Beef Sunday, where Legendary Louie Mueller Barbecue will join Eddie O’s Texas Barbecue and Eaker Barbecue to serve up their finest smoked meats. You can snag a commemorative Super Beef Sunday pint glass, and pre-wrapped whole brisket and beef ribs will be available for pre-purchase. $50. 11am to 2pm.
- Super Bowl Watch Parties Around Houston | Sunday, February 3 – Munch on your favorite snacks, crack open a few cold ones, and get ready to watch the biggest game (and best commercials) of the year at one of many Super Bowl watch parties happening around town. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Fleetwood Mac in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, February 5 – Enjoy the musical stylings of the legendary, Grammy Award-winning rock group, Fleetwood Mac, as they head to Houston’s Toyota Center. The lineup will feature Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie, along with newcomers Mike Campbell and Neil Finn. Doors open at 7pm; show at 8pm. Tickets start at $69.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 9 and Sunday, February 10 – Get revved up for a high-energy showcase of massive trucks crushing, ramming, crashing, and soaring through the air at NRG Center. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. Times vary.
- Houstonia Magazine’s 6th Annual Gumbo Smackdown | Saturday, February 9 – Chow down on loads of spicy gumbo when Houstonia Magazine returns to Sugar Land Town Square for its sixth annual Gumbo Smackdown. Festival-goers can enjoy bottomless drinks, entertainment, plenty of food, and an awards ceremony to announce the People’s and Judges’ Choice trophies. Tickets cost $45 for ages 21 and up; $20 for ages 13 to 20; free for kids 12 and under. Noon to 4pm.
- 2019 Lunar New Year Festival at Chinese Community Center | Saturday, February 9 | FREE – Browse food vendors, informational booths, cultural performances, family-friendly crafts, and more at the annual Lunar New Year Festival, presented by the Chinese Community Center. 10am to 4pm.
- Tuesdays with Morrie at the George Theatre | Through Sunday, February 10 – Based on the New York Times best-selling book, Tuesdays with Morrie tells of a busy sports journalist who pays a visit to his former professor, whom he learns is terminally ill. What starts as a casual visit quickly becomes a life-changing event that spurs a series of weekly interviews and race against the clock. Tickets start at $20 for most shows, but limited $55 seats are discounted to $27.50. Showtimes vary.
- Travis Scott in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, February 13 – Riding on the heels of his highly touted music festival, Astroworld, Houston-based rapper Travis Scott brings his live show to the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $39.95, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Valentine’s Day Dinners and Events Around Houston | Thursday, February 14 – Treat your sweetie to a romantic night out at one of many Valentine’s events happening around town. You can choose from elegant dinners, comedy shows, concerts and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center | Friday, February 15 through Sunday, February 17 – Ball out at a thrilling performance by the world-renowned Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center on the University of Houston campus. You’ll see the uber-talented players perform all kinds of trick shots and slam dunks throughout the show. Tickets start at $20, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. Times vary.
- Mamma Mia! at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Starts Tuesday, February 19 – Experience an evening of music, dancing, and laughter when the Tony Award-winning musical Mamma Mia!, lights up the stage at Hobby Center. Featuring the music of ABBA, the play tells of a young bride who begins to seek answers about the identity of her father. Tickets start at $30. Showtimes vary.
- HSLR’s World Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park | Thursday, February 21 to Saturday, February 23 – Hit up one of the biggest events of the Houston Rodeo as more than 250 teams come together to compete in the World Championship Bar-B-Que Contest in NRG Park. Adult tickets cost $20; $5 for children 3 to 12. Times vary.
- The 107th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Starts Friday, February 22 – Party it up at Galveston’s 107th annual Mardi Gras celebration, complete with elaborate parades, performances, concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, an official 5K run, family events, and more than 3 million beads. Ticket prices vary. Times vary daily.
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo at NRG Park | Starts Monday, February 25 – Dust off your cowboy boots for 21 days of carnival games, mouth-watering fried foods, rodeo competitions, and a lineup of chart-topping musical acts at the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Rodeo grounds passes for entry into NRG Park start at $15; $5 for kids. Tickets for rodeo competitions and concerts inside NRG Stadium start around $20 for most shows and include entry into NRG Park. You may also find sold out, cheaper, or better seats on the ticket resale marketplace. Click here to look for sold out, cheaper, or better seats.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).