Get yourself signed up for Texas’ largest canoe and kayak race, traveling along Buffalo Bayou on Saturday morning, March 9, 2019.
One of the five largest races in the country, the 15-mile Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta travels from West Houston to Allen’s Landing in Downtown Houston.
The longstanding Houston tradition is open to all ages, starting at 12 years old.
Registration is now open, with an early bird registration price of $50. The price increases to $55 on Saturday, February 23. It’s $60 on the day of the Regatta.
Trophies will be awarded to the top three winners in Teams, Recreational Canoe, Recreational Kayak, and Unlimited Divisions.
The race begins at 7700 San Felipe Street (west of Voss) in West Houston, and finishes at Allen’s Landing in Downtown. The free afterparty will happen at Allen’s Landing.
Team Sponsor Opportunities
Sign up your business, office or corporate team to be a Team Sponsor. 2018 Team Sponsorship opportunities range from $400 to $10,000. Download the form to view the many benefits of participating.
Regatta & Finish Line Festivities
Paddlers’ friends and loved ones, along with other spectators, are invited to cheeronthe paddlersalong Buffalo Bayou.
The race ends with a free party at Allen’s Landing in Downtown, where visitors can inspect the colorful boats up-close and enjoy live zydeco music and more. Food and drink will be available for purchase.
There will be an awards ceremony at 1pm, before the party wraps up at 2pm.
About Buffalo Bayou Partnership
Buffalo Bayou Partnership is thenon-profit organization dedicated to revitalizing and transforming Buffalo Bayou, Houston’s most significant natural resource.
The Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta happens rain or shine.
47th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta
- Date: Saturday, March 9, 2019
- Time: Registration at 7am; race begins at 9am.
- Starting Location: 7700 San Felipe, Houston, TX 77063
- Finish Line Location: Allen’s Landing, 1001 Commerce Street at Main Street, Houston, TX 77002
- Registration: $50 per paddler through Saturday, February 23, 2019. After that, it’s $55; $60 same-day registration. $25 with valid student or military ID (email ID to [email protected]) and $10 for members of BBP’s young professional group, The Currents.Click here to register.This article was sponsored by Buffalo Bayou Partnership. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.