Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, January 28 to Sunday, February 3, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in January 2019
Hear the Houston Symphony perform the unforgettable score from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, watch a heated competition between 25 of the city’s top chefs, get dolled up for Teach for America’s fundraising soiree, shop unique Valentine gift ideas, get pumped to watch Super Bowl LIII and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 8th Annual Galveston Restaurant Week | Daily – Dine out for a cause in 25 of Galveston’s hottest eateries throughout Galveston Restaurant Week, a sixteen-day affair that benefits Access Care of Coastal Texas. Restaurants will feature two- and/or three-course dinners priced between $20 and $35. Two-course lunches, breakfasts, and brunches will cost between $10 and $20. Times and locations vary.
- Truffle Masters 2019 at The Revaire | Monday, January 28 – Indulge in decadent dishes that incorporate fresh black truffles at the Truffle Masters 2019, where 25 top chefs compete for the title of the “2019 Truffle Master.” Competing chefs include Luis Roger from BCN Taste & Tradition, Kiran Verma of Kiran’s, and Austin Simmons of Tris. Tickets are $175 for general admission; $275 for VIP. 7pm to 10pm; 6pm for VIP.
- Disturbed, with Three Days Grace in Concert at Toyota Center | Monday, January 28 – Hit up a rock show by the nu-metal group, Disturbed, who recently released their seventh studio album, Evolution, after reforming in 2015 following a four-year hiatus. Three Days Grace open the show. Tickets range from $25 to $79, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork resale market. 7:30pm.
- Waitress at the Hobby Center | Tuesday, January 29 to Sunday, February 3 – Enjoy all-original music and lyrics by six-time Grammy winner Sara Bareilles in the new, touring hit, Waitress, presented by Broadway at the Hobby Center. In the play, a waitress and expert pie maker dreams of breaking out of her small-town life and loveless marriage after entering a baking contest in a nearby county. Tickets start at $47, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Showtimes vary.
- Butchery Demo at Revival Market | Thursday, January 31 – Dive into a curated selection of meats from Revival Market’s charcuterie case, observe a whole-hog butchery demo by Morgan Weber and Jack Matusek, then sit down for a BYOB family-style meal at this special culinary event. $125 per person, plus gratuity. 5:30pm.
- Cuisine Of Quebec & French Wine at Le Bistro Houston | Thursday, January 31 – Taste the cuisine of Quebec, alongside elegant French wines, at this monthly event at Le Bistro Houston. Menu prices vary. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, February 1 and Saturday, February 2 – Experience the magic of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as you watch clips from the film while the Houston Symphony performs Patrick Doyle’s unforgettable score at Jones Hall. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7:30pm both nights.
- Bestselling Author Christina Dodd Book-signing at Murder by the Book | Saturday, February 2 | FREE – Hear from New York Times bestselling author Christina Dodd when she pays a visit to Murder by the Book for a book signing and discussion of her new whodunit, What Doesn’t Kill Her. Copies of the book will be available for purchase and signing. 4:30pm.
- Tux & Chux: A Night Celebrating Champions for Education at Union Station | Saturday, February 2 – Dust off your tuxedo or evening gown and get ready to party as Teach For America Alumni & Friends presents this evening celebration at Union Station. Featuring a live DJ, open bar, dancing, and hors d’oeuvres, as Tux & Chux honors the work of alumni and supporters who strive to offer Houston’s children access to an excellent and equitable education. Tickets start at $125. 8:05pm.
- Flea at Silver Street: Valentine Flea at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, February 2 and Sunday, February 3 – Gift your special someone with a unique find from Silver Street’s Valentines Flea, which features more than 100 vendors with one-of-a-kind collectibles, jewelry, vintage finds, artwork, mid-century modern furniture, and original designs. $5; kids 12 and under are free. 10am to 5pm both days.
- Super Beef Sunday at Saint Arnold Brew Co. | Sunday, February 3 – Feast on loads of delicious barbecue at Saint Arnold’s sixth annual Super Beef Sunday, where Legendary Louie Mueller Barbecue will join Eddie O’s Texas Barbecue and Eaker Barbecue to serve up their finest smoked meats. You can snag a commemorative Super Beef Sunday pint glass, and pre-wrapped whole brisket and beef ribs will be available for pre-purchase. $50. 11am to 2pm.
- Super Bowl LIII Watch Parties Around Houston | Sunday, February 3 – Munch on your favorite snacks, crack up a couple cold ones, and get ready to watch the biggest game (and best commercials) of the year at one of many Super Bowl watch parties happening around town. Prices, times, and locations vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).