Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, January 28 to Sunday, February 3, 2019.
Take on the last week of January with the kids starting with a fresh cut at Birds Barbershop; plenty of play time at Memorial City and Westwood Gymnastics; a cultural celebration at The Children’s Museum; a Disney song spectacular by DCappella.
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Also in January 2019
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Earlybird Special at Birds Barbershop | Monday, January 28 to Thursday, January 31 – Treat the kids to a memorable haircut experience and a discount on midday cuts during the last week of this promo. Make it an extra special outing with a sweet treat next door from Steel City Pops. Save $5 on any kid cut for ages 10 and under with code word “Earlybird” plus a free add-on at Steel City pops. 10am to 3pm.
- Kidtastic on the Square: Gymboree at Memorial City | Wednesday, January 30th | FREE – Tiny tots will love this event at Memorial City where they can run and play. Join Gymboree Play & Music for a morning of fun. This event is popular for kids ages 1 to 4. 10am to 11:30am.
- Tangled themed Play Date at Westwood Gymnastics | Friday, February 1 – Drop your active preschoolers off for a playfully good time at Westwood Gymnastics. They will spend the morning exploring The Mountain, tumbling, and jumping away. Pack a lunch for your 3- (potty trained) to 5-year-old and send them on their way. Tickets are $16 online but closes, 24 hours in advance; $20 at the door. 9am to 1pm.
- Children’s Story Hour at Hermann Park | Friday, February 1 | FREE – Gather around McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden at Hermann Park for a picturesque storytelling hour. Once the story is read, the littles can work on a coloring page or other age-appropriate craft. 10am to 11am.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Movie Screening in Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, February 1 and Saturday, February 2 – Say Expecto Patronum as you watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire light up the big screen. Follow along as you hear the score played live by the Houston Symphony. The film is rated PG-13. Tickets start at $35. Showtimes vary.
- 6th Annual Creole Heritage Festival and Mardi Gras Parade at Discovery Green | Saturday, February 2 | FREE – Laissez les bons temps rouler with a Mardi Gras filled day of fun. Catch the parade with tons of floats and spend the rest of the day with nonstop DJ music, a kid zone, food trucks and more. 9am to 9pm.
- The Inflatable Run and Festival at Pasadena Convention Center | Saturday, February 2 – Keep your New Years Resolution going strong by bringing the whole family to enjoy a bouncing and energetic fun run. With over 28,000 pounds of inflatables, you’ll forget you are even exercising. There will be plenty of fun for all ages from toddlers on up. Ticket prices and festival packages start at $14.99. 8am to 2pm.
- Lunar New Year Bash 2019 at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, February 2 – Ring in the Year of the Pig with a jam-packed day of celebrations and learning at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Children will stay busy exploring Asian culture by practicing origami, lei making, watching Lavang Lion dancers and more. Included with general admission to the museum. 9am to 5pm.
- Disney’s DCappella at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, February 2 – Disney’s newest a cappella group featuring 7 world class vocalists will bring your favorite Disney songs live on stage at Smart Financial Centre. The group will give classic Disney tunes a modern twist that will delight audiences of all ages. Tickets start at $39.50. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.