Scoop up seats and strap on running shoes for these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, January 28 through Sunday, February 3, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in January 2019
Two red-hot basketball squads take on challenging competition this week and an international martial arts championship is on the line in Houston.
On the weekend, runners have their fill on the east and west sides of town with special 5K and half marathon events.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Pelicans at Toyota Center | Tuesday, January 29 – Anthony Davis continues his All-Star season with a battle against the Rockets and leading MVP candidate, James Harden. Tickets range from $10 to over $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Cougars vs. Temple Owls at Fertitta Center | Thursday, January 31 – The nationally-ranked men’s basketball team from the University of Houston has been on a roll this season, with only one defeat so far −to the Temple Owls. Will the Coogs get their chance to right some wrongs? Tickets start at $10. 6pm.
- Glory Kickboxing at Arena Theatre | Friday, February 1 – The international kickboxing event brings its 63rd iteration to the Arena Theatre for a series of clashes, including the featherweight championship bout between title-holder Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao and Serhii Adamchuk. Tickets range from $40 to over $150, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5:15pm.
- The Inflatable Run and Festival at Pasadena Convention Center | Saturday, February 2 – This unique 5K event sends participants through an inflatable obstacle course for three laps that can be completed at any time throughout the event. Take a break during the race and head over to the scheduled festival attractions like the water sponge battle or bouncing off one another in human-sized hamster balls. Registration starts at $40 for children; $50 for adults. 8am.
- Katy Half Marathon at Katy Mills Mall | Saturday, February 2 – The second event of the Bayou City Half Series takes place in Katy for a USA Track and Field-certified event that includes a half marathon, 5K, and Kids 1K. Registration starts at $25 for the Kids 1K; $40 for the 5K; and $95 for the Half Marathon with prices increasing closer to the event. Parking opens at 5am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).