Act fast to snag seats to these exciting games and sports events around Houston in February 2019.
Also in February 2019
Happening This Week
Rodeo action gets going this month in Houston with a $50,000 prize on the line in a Super Series Tournament.
Elsewhere, the Rockets say goodbye to an NBA legend and the Houston Dynamo return to the pitch in an international cup competition.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: February 2019
- Glory Kickboxing at Arena Theatre | Friday, February 1 – The international kickboxing event brings its 63rd iteration to the Arena Theatre for a series of clashes, including the featherweight championship bout between title-holder Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao and Serhii Adamchuk. Tickets range from $40 to over $150, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5:15pm.
- 2019 Surfside Beach Marathon at Stahlman Park | Saturday, February 2 – The 15th anniversary of this special beachside marathon sends runners on a pavement-free course along the stretch of beach between Surfside and the San Luis Pass. A Half Marathon, 5K, Kids 1K, and after-party cookout round out an active, crisp morning on the beach. Registration ranges from $20 to $85. 5am.
- Live Thoroughbred and Chihuahua Races at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, February 9 – A night at the race park is topped off with the first annual Chihuahua Races taking place in-between live thoroughbred racing in Northwest Houston. Tickets for general admission are $8; $5 for children under 13. 5:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 9 – The Rockets were victorious over the Thunder on Christmas Day, but the red-hot squad from Oklahoma will look to exact revenge against James Harden and Red Nation. Tickets for this highly anticipated matchup range from $42 to over $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 9 and Sunday, February 10 – The high-flying monster trucks return to Houston for a weekend engagement, with appearances by Grave Digger, Megalodon, Monster Mutt and more. Tickets range from $15 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Saturday at 7pm; Sunday at 3pm.
- Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center | Friday, February 15 through Sunday, February 17 – The basketball wizards known as the Globetrotters visit the University of Houston campus for a weekend featuring one-of-a-kind hooping entertainment. Tickets range from $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. Friday at 7:30pm; Saturday at 7pm; Sunday at 3pm.
- WWE Elimination Chamber at Toyota Center | Sunday, February 17 – World Wrestling Champion Daniel Bryan, Ronda Rousey, Becky Lynch, and more arrive in Houston for a pay-per-view event with a unique twist. Wrestlers enter a crowded ring in five-minute intervals, crowning a winner when only one remains in the ring. Tickets range from $25 to $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5:30pm.
- Rodeo Houston Super Series I at NRG Stadium | Monday, February 25 – The first event of the 2019 RodeoHouston Super Series kicks off a 19-day tournament to find a champion in bareback riding, bull riding, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, tie-down roping, team roping, and women’s barrel racing. One of the premier events in Houston each year, tickets are expected to be limited throughout the season. Tickets range from $20 to over $350, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:45pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. CD Guastatoya at BBVA Compass Stadium | Tuesday, February 26 – On the cusp of a brand new season, the Dynamo first face a stiff test against Guatemalan club, CD Guastatoya in the CONCACAF Champions League, with a place in the quarterfinals on the line. Tickets range from $24 to $49. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat at Toyota Center | Thursday, February 28 – Three-time champion and future Hall of Famer Dwayne Wade eyes retirement after this final season in his sixteenth year in the NBA. This game marks his final trip to Houston in what is expected to be a sold-out event. Tickets range from $19 to over $500, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).