Enjoy unforgettable performances at these live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, January 14 through Sunday, January 20, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in January 2019
Big names hit Houston this week with pioneers of genres from R&B, hip hop, rock, and more swinging through for must-see shows.
On Sunday, locals Wild Moccasins tee up for their hometown show before kicking off a tour up the west coast.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Boyz II Men & The Houston Symphony at Jones Hall | Friday, January 18 – Four-time Grammy award-winning R&B trio, Boyz II Men, hit Jones Hall to perform with the Houston Symphony, conducted by Chelsea Tipton II. Tickets start at $35, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Joe Ely at The Heights Theater | Friday, January 18 – The Texas singer-songwriter most recently released the 2015 Panhandle Rambler, an album that blends a dozen reflective songs with a west Texas feel. Tickets are $22. 8pm.
- Amen Dunes at Rockefellers | Friday, January 18 – Following his 2018 release, Freedom, Amen Dunes has found a gathering that grooves with his dynamic soundscape and personal lyrics. Tickets start at $15. 9pm.
- 12th Planet, with Gentlemens Club, Shlump, INFEKT at Stereo Live | Friday, January 18 – The LA-based producer has made his mark on the drum and bass and dubstep genres, providing many of the remixes used in sets by DJs like Flinch, Skrillex, and Diplo. Tickets to see 12th Planet on the Swamplex 2019 Tour range from $15 to $25. 10pm.
- Jon Spencer & The HITmakers at House of Blues (Bronze Peacock Room) | Saturday, January 19 – Whether with The Blues Explosion, Boss Hog, or Heavy Trash, Jon Spencer is heralded as a genre-bending artist that has played with bands ranging from noise rock to garage and blues. Spencer brings a group of friends known as The HITmakers for a catalog of his most recent jammers and older favorites. Tickets are $15. 7pm.
- El Ten Eleven, with Joan of Arc at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, January 19 – This post-rock group may have just two members but their creativity with looping, double-necked basses, and drums provide a sonic landscape that swells with feeling just as much as with experimentation. Tickets are $15 in advance; $17 at the door. 8pm.
- Meshell Ndegeocello, with Hanna Benn at The Heights Theater | Saturday, January 19 – Singer-songwriter, rapper, bassist, and pioneer of the neo-soul movement, Ndegeocello is a force that offers her personal pain, politics, and introspections with fully realized concepts on acclaimed studio albums that chart her career. Tickets range from $26 to over $200. 8pm.
- Jazzmeia Horn at Wortham Theater | Saturday, January 19 – The Dallas native has risen to prominence in the jazz world as a dynamic and powerful vocalist, in part thanks to her 2017 debut release, A Social Call. She drops by the Wortham Theater for show-stopping performance on the weekend. Tickets start at $37.50. 8pm.
- Los Tucanes de Tijuana at Arena Theatre | Saturday, January 19 – The popular Mexican norteño group brings more than thirty years of radio hits and award-winning albums to Houston’s Arena Theatre. Tickets start at $65, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Wild Moccasins, with DEGA, TC Superstar at Satellite Bar | Sunday, January 20 – The local indie-pop group embarks on another tour in support of their 2018 release, Look Together. See them before they hit the west coast with tickets ranging from $10 to $15. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).