Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, January 14 to Sunday, January 20, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in January 2019
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Cheap Skate Night at Discovery Green | Monday, January 14 – Let the bright lights guide you as you skate around the ice rink. Take advantage of buy-one-get-one-free during the last week of The ICE. $15 for two people; $8 per person. 5pm to 10pm.
- Earlybird Special at Birds Barbershop | Monday, January 14 to Thursday, January 17 – Treat the kids to a memorable haircut experience and a discount on midday cuts. Make it an extra special outing with a sweet treat next door from Steel City Pops. Save $5 on any kid cut for ages 10 and under with code word “Earlybird” plus a free add-on at Steel City pops. 10am.
- Circus Night featuring Cirque La Vie at Memorial City | Thursday, January 17 | FREE – Houston’s premiere circus group puts on a family-friendly, showstopping performance at The Square. Kids of all ages will be entertained by their high-flying stunts and will even get to interact with the performers before the show. 7pm.
- I Have a Dream WonderWeek at Children’s Museum of Houston | Starting Thursday, January 17 – Bring your kids to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. for a week of celebrations. Take some time to help the kids think of their own dreams as well. Special events and activities will continue into next week. Included with general admission. Times vary.
- Screen on The Green: Show Dogs Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Thursday, January 17 | FREE – Bring a blanket or set up some lawn chairs with the entire family to enjoy the movie Show Dogs on the hill at Discovery Green. Food and adult beverages can be purchased at The Lake House, but no outside beverages are allowed. Rated PG. 7pm.
- Storybook Theatre at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, January 18 – Celebrate everyone’s favorite red-shirted bear with a reading from “The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh”. Storybook Theatre combines your favorite childhood books with songs, rhymes and more to get children excited about reading. Included with general admission. 11am.
- Friday Night Friendzy at Altitude Trampoline Park Katy | Friday, January 18 – Kids can burn some energy as they jump for hours with their friends while a DJ spins their favorite hits. Hit up the dodgeball court, trapeze, jousting beam as well as enjoying a slice of pizza and bottled water. Bring some extra cash to indulge at the snack bar. $17 per jumper. 7pm.
- Babe Cereal Party Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse Katy | Saturday, January 19 – Grab a spoon and dive into an all-you-can-eat cereal bar while you enjoy the tale of a pig named Babe. This charming Australian family film became a classic amongst audiences in the ’90s. Rated G. A movie ticket is required. 10am.
- Family Fun Day at The MATCH | Sunday, January 20 | FREE – Heading into their fourth full year of operation, The Midtown Arts & Theater Center Houston (MATCH) is starting off 2019 right with a full day of family-friendly fun. Attendees can expect character visits from Party Princess Productions, kid-friendly musical concerts by Prelude Music, and performances of Schoolhouse Rock from Main Street Theater and Alice presented by Open Dance Project. 1pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).