Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, January 7 to Sunday, January 13, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in January 2019
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Game Day on Ice | Tuesday, January 8 – Bring your “A game” to The ICE at Discovery Green for a round of various games such as hockey, broomball and more in the middle of the ice for 15-minute intervals. There is a skating fee of $11 for general admission; $4 skate rental fee. 7pm to 9pm.
- Cirque du Soleil: Luzia at Sam Houston Race Park | Thursday, January 10 to Sunday, January 13 – Let the mesmerizing Cirque du Soleil show amaze you with visually pleasing colors and high flying acrobatics. Luzia brings you to imaginary Mexico to experience a dream-like state. Times and ticket prices vary.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | Thursday, January 10 | FREE – Meet under the Children’s Pavilion for a free round of Bingo where kids ages 4 to 12 can earn prizes while having fun practicing letters and numbers. 4:30pm to 5pm.
- Rainbow on ICE at Discovery Green | Friday, January 11 – Join DJ Joe Ross as he spins out hit music for the LGBTQ celebration on The ICE. Drag Houston and their live staged production will be performing their hit single, paying tribute to favorite movies and more at the event. Entertainment is free, but a $15 skating ticket is required if you would like to participate. 7pm to 10pm.
- Grossology WonderWeek at Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center | Friday, January 11 to Sunday, January 13 – Make the kid’s dreams come true as they explore the gooey and gross side of nature and science. They can create their own germ doll, cockroach puppet, toilet paper tube monsters and more. 10am to 6pm daily.
- Winter Fest 2019 at Rosenberg Railroad Museum | Saturday, January 12 – Come bundled up for a day of family fun where kids can play in real snow, create crafts, hear the roaring trains and more at this fundraiser event. Tickets for general admission for ages 2 and older are $8. 10am to 5pm.
- Story Time at Brazos Bookstore | Saturday, January 12 | FREE – Kids ages 2 to 9 will enjoy a morning of stories, crafts, and snacks. 10:30am.
- The Greatest Showman Sing Along Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse La Centerra | Saturday, January 12 – Gather with a group of fellow Showman fans to belt out all of your favorite tunes from the instant classic at Alamo Drafthouse in Katy. Follow subtitles as the talented cast takes you on a journey with Hugh Jackman as P.T. Barnum from the beginning of his life to the great showman he became. Rated PG. A movie ticket is required. 4pm.
- Zoo Lights at Houston Zoo | Through Sunday, January 13 – Take advantage of your last chance this season to see the magic and wonder of millions of lights mixed with the zoo’s main attractions during the last week of Zoo Lights. Ticket start at $17.95. 5pm to 10pm daily.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).