Burn through the holiday bloat with special fitness offers, challenges, and other ways to get or stay in shape in January 2019.
Also in January 2019
Happening This Week
If you’re serious about getting in shape, being healthier, dropping some pounds or posting a six-pack on your next beach vacation, you’re in luck. You can’t get a good butt by sitting on it, so here are some of the best incentives and deals to get you moving.
Choose from group classes, meal plans and personalized training, before and after transformation challenges, cash prizes, bragging rights and more.
January may mean busier gyms, but it also means some of the best deals and incentives to get your new year started off on the right Adidas-donning foot (or Nike, Under Armor, or whatever your shoe choice is).
Top 11 Fitness Events & Offers This Month: January 2019
- RYDE | Daily – Teamwork makes the dream work. Get ready to RYDE into the New Year with this 2019 challenge, and bring your friends. The January RYDE Challenge 2019 is available at both the River Oaks and Downtown studios, where they encourage you to bring your friends for an even sweeter deal. Sign up with 5-9 people ($150/person), 10-19 people ($125/person), 20+ people ($100/person). Normal pricing is $195, so stop ignoring all those FB friend requests and sign up and save together. Everyone who signs up and completes 25 rides by Thursday, January 31 gets entered to win one of three grand prizes.
- Vortex | Daily – Shred to Spring is Vortex’s 90 day challenge to get you ready for beach season. The challenge has monthly winners as well as overall winners, so let the competition begin. The Shred to Spring 20 Class Pack is priced at $240 ($12 per class) and is the perfect start to your New Year and your new 2019 beach body. Located near River Oaks and Montrose, Vortex is Houston’s first multi-sensory indoor cycling and boxing studio.
- Sphere | Daily – Get ready to kick 2019 into gear, with this soccer-inspired fitness concept. For January, you can take advantage of their new year special for $99 and kick it with the pros for 45 days. Also, it pays to play. Attend 30 classes in those 45 days and you’ll play for free throughout the rest of February. If you’re looking to connect with folks in the new year, Sphere focuses on the quality of play instead of minutes on the field, connecting people rather than passes, and doing more with a ball than just scoring goals.
- EaDo Fitness | Daily – Holiday deals have extended into January with major discounts like QuickFit monthly memberships (from $67 per month; usually $99) and all access memberships (from $135 per month; usually $199 a month). Mark your calendars for Monday, January 7, where they kick off their award-winning 6-Week Challenge, which is offered at 70% off. The challenge includes a personalized meal plan, recipe book, three fitness classes each week, and one-on-one goal coaching.
- Boost Pilates | Daily – If your resolutions involve saving money and getting fit, take advantage of Boost Pilates’ 50% discount on your first month (when you sign up for auto-pay memberships). You can also try their introductory offer of four classes for $40. Choose from two locations in West U. and River Oaks. Boost Pilates is a group fitness Pilates class offering revolutionary, fast-paced, high intensity, body-toning workouts in 50 minutes. Here you’ll workout smarter, not longer.
- The Body Shop HTX | Daily – Another new year’s challenge, another combo pack offering a 30-day challenged that gives you a 30-meal plan, workout plan, and cardio plan—and only $100 to join with a chance to win a prize valued at $2,000. Choose from a $35 monthly gym membership, and personal training memberships starting at $300 per month for 30-minute sessions twice a week. Group weight training is also offered at $250 per month, so here it’s easy to customize the perfect plan for you.
- Profile by Sanford in Tanglewood | Ends Thursday, January 31 – Sign up for Profile by Sanford’s weightless plan and work one-on-one with your certified coach who will help you develop healthy habits for sustainable weight loss. Profile’s new Tanglewood location has a grand opening on Wednesday, January 16, and you can sign up for $50 (a $300 value) through Thursday, January 31.
- Control Studios | Ends Thursday, January 31 – This “OG Pilates” studio is offering A Whole New Year, A Whole New Body promotion for their reformer classes. Receive 3 months of Pilates, 30 sessions for $365 (for those not so good at math, that breaks down to less than $13/class). There are four reformers to a class, allowing hands on instruction for each student, so you’ll be in good hands here. If $365 doesn’t suit you, take advantage of the $40 for 10 days unlimited available to all new students.
- Sweat 1000 | Through Thursday, January 31 – Take advantage of 10% off any membership options (recurring payments only) good for all of 2019, with promo code NewYou. Your last chance to snag this deal is Thursday, January 31. Sweat 1000 is a luxury high-intensity fitness concept from South Africa, which opened its first U.S. location in the Houston Heights.
- Composition ID Houston | Starts Sunday, January 6 – Say it with us: New Year’s Screw the Scale Challenge. This aptly named contest kicks off Sunday, January 6 where challenge participants receive two DEXA scans (before and after), one resting metabolic rate test, one nutrition consult, weekly informational emails and check-ins from expert nutrition coaches, full access to a private Facebook group and live events for support and accountability, and hundreds of dollars’ worth of prizes! Challenge runs Sunday, January 6 through Saturday, February 16 and is $399. Click here to sign up for the challenge.
- Orangetheory Fitness Houston | Begins Monday, January 21 – This month, Orangetheory Fitness (OTF) Houston is launching their annual eight-week Transformation Challenge where winners will receive raffle and cash prizes (talk about incentives for hitting those New Year’s goals). The Transformation Challenge begins Monday, January 21 and runs through Sunday, March 17. Members who participate must complete three classes a week during the challenge and do a “before” weigh in and photo. Each studio will have two challenge winners (one male, one female)—whoever loses the most body weight percentage for that studio will win a monetary prize. Another bonus if you’re strict on your budget in the New Year: your first class is free.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).