Bring in the new year with tickets to these must-see live music and concerts in Houston for January 2019.
Also in January 2019
Happening This Week
This month features the cream of the crop from the top of R&B, country, and pop.
Whether you’re celebrating the life of two music legends or getting a unique glimpse at R&B meeting the Symphony, there’s plenty to see at the start of 2019.
Top 9 Concerts & Live Shows This Month: January 2019
- BowiElvis Fest at The Continental Club | Saturday, January 5 – In its tenth year, this celebration of David Bowie and Elvis Presley, who each share a birthday on January 8th, brings together eight bands to honor the legends, complete with a costume contest, face painting, games and more. Tickets start at $20. 7pm.
- Beer & Brass at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Thursday, January 10 – Enjoy an evening of Beer & Brass with the ROCO Brass Quintet at Saint Arnold Brewing Company. Guests can ring in the new year with craft beers and yummy bites alongside traditional beer hall music, it’s an event you won’t want to miss. Tickets are $35 for adults; $10 for kids 12 and under. 6pm.
- Boyz II Men & The Houston Symphony at Jones Hall | Friday, January 18 – Four-time Grammy award-winning R&B trio, Boyz II Men, hit Jones Hall to perform with the Houston Symphony, conducted by Chelsea Tipton II. Tickets start at $35, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Amen Dunes at Rockefellers | Friday, January 18 – Following his 2018 release, Freedom, Amen Dunes has found a gathering that grooves with his dynamic soundscape and personal lyrics. Tickets start at $15. 9pm.
- Justin Timberlake at Toyota Center | Tuesday, January 22 – For the third time, Timberlake brings his Man of the Woods tour back through Houston for another encore. Tickets range from $49.50 to $250, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Toro Y Moi, with Wet at White Oak Music Hall | Wednesday, January 23 –Led by Chaz Bundick, this group hits hard on chillwave aesthetics with a little pop and psychedelic rock. Ahead of their upcoming 2019 release, Outer Peace, fans can get an early start on some of their forthcoming tunes. Tickets are $27.50. 7pm.
- Los Lonely Boys, with Los Lobos at Revention Music Center | Thursday, January 24 – The “Texican Rock n’ Roll” group from San Angelo plays hits from their last decade plus of music, including the Grammy-winning “Heaven”. Tickets are $35, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Toni Braxton, with SWV at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, January 27 – For over thirty years, Braxton has impressed with her refined vocal talents and honest songwriting about heartbreak. Her 2018 release, Sex & Cigarettes, prove that she’s still going strong with plenty more to give. Tickets range from $69.50 to $134.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Disturbed, with Three Days Grace at Toyota Center | Monday, January 28 – The nu-metal group reformed in 2015 after a four-year hiatus and have just released their seventh studio album, Evolution, which reached number four on the Billboard 200 charts. Tickets range from $25 to $79, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork resale market. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).