Clear your calendar for these exciting games and sports events around Houston in January 2019.
Also in January 2019
Happening This Week
This week, the Texans kick off another year of playoff ambitions against division rivals from Indianapolis.
The Rockets are in full swing this month with a slate of difficult opponents to face ahead of next month’s All Star Break.
And although the baseball season is a few more months away, the Astros are celebrating at their annual FanFest event in Minute Maid Park.
Top 11 Games & Sports Events This Month: January 2019
- Run Houston! at Sam Houston Race Park | New Year’s Day, Tuesday, January 1 – Head to the next stop on the Run Houston! Tour for 10K, 5K, and Kids 1K events on New Year’s Day. Kids 1K registration is $30, 10K and 5K registration is $50. 8:30am.
- The Super Run at Brazos River Park | Saturday, January 5 – Join the field of caped crusaders in Sugar Land for this superhero-themed 5K run event. Pick out a cape and fundraise for a group of charitable organizations. Registration is $29.99 in advance; $45 on the day of the event. 8am.
- Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium | Saturday, January 5 – With plenty to cheer for this season, Texans fans turn their attention to the NFL Wild Card round which will pit Houston against their division foes from Indiana. Tickets for this game are in high demand and may be difficult to secure but you might find better, cheaper, or hard-to-find seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 3:35pm.
- Houston Cougars vs. Connecticut Women’s Basketball at Fertitta Center | Sunday, January 6 – The first game of a double-gameday at UH sees the women’s team face the legendary, number one-ranked team in the nation from UCONN. Tickets start at $10. 11am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center | Monday, January 7 – Hovering near the top of the NBA standings, Denver poses a tough test for the Rockets as they aim to jump-start the second half of their season. Tickets range from $15 to over $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Milwaukee Bucks at Toyota Center | Wednesday, January 9 – Giannis Antetokounmpo arrives with his red-hot Bucks team for a cross-conference matchup against the Rockets. Tickets range from $16 to over $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Lakers at Toyota Center | Saturday, January 19 – If the first two matchups between these teams are any indication, we’re in for a fiery third game as LeBron visits Houston for the final time this season. Tickets start at $75 and are sure to be hard to come by closer to tip-off, but may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Chevron Houston Marathon | Sunday, January 20 – Run, volunteer or simply show up to support runners during the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon that winds through Houston, beginning and ending in Downtown. 6:45am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Toronto Raptors at Toyota Center | Friday, January 25 – One of the top teams in the Eastern Conference arrives, bolstered by Kawhi Leonard and ex-Rocket Kyle Lowry. Tickets for this hotly anticipated matchup start at $30, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Astros FanFest at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, January 26 | No Cover – With Spring Training already around the corner, the annual Astros FanFest invites fans of all ages out to the ballpark to meet their favorite players, alumni, and broadcasters. Autograph sessions, photo opportunities, games, and more are to be had at this afternoon celebration. Attending is free, but requires an RSVP admission voucher which can be obtained on their website. 11am to 4pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, January 26 – The high-flying, eardrum-rattling action of these gargantuan trucks highlights the end of this month’s events. Come watch Grave Digger, Monster Mutt and more in person on a huge Saturday night. Tickets range from $15 to over $180, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).