Get out of the house ahead of the holidays at these live shows and concerts around Houston for the week of Monday, December 17 through Sunday, December 23, 2018.
Whether you celebrate Christmas with Robert Earl Keen, RuPaul’s drag queens, or the Trans Siberian Orchestra, this week has plenty to offer ahead of the holiday.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2018
Top 9 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Steven Wilson at House of Blues | Thursday, December 20 – The prog-rock musician stops by Houston’s House of Blues for a performance that promises cuts off his most recent album, To the Bone. Tickets are $35. 8pm.
- Bijou at Stereo Live | Thursday, December 20 – The leader of the current G-House movement in electronic music, Bijou embarks on the nationwide “Super Phat Tour”. This show is free with RSVP, but tickets are $5 for express entry. 10pm.
- Il Divo at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, December 20 – The classical crossover vocal quartet tours in support of their ninth studio album from this summer, Timeless. Tickets start at $35, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Young Mammals, with Pearl Crush, Ruiners at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, December 21 – The Montrose pub welcomes a Houston lineup of bands including headliners Young Mammals who have recently put out a summer EP, Sanitation. Tickets are $7. 9pm.
- Trans Siberian Orchestra at Toyota Center | Friday, December 21 – Trans Siberian Orchestra descends on Houston for a double-header of performances in a neo-classical holiday tradition. Tickets range from $48.50 to $79.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 3:30pm and 8pm.
- Robert Earl Keen, with Shinyribs at House of Blues | Friday, December 21 – The Houston native has carved his place in country music, with 18 full-length albums and a storied songwriting career that spans four decades. His upcoming “Cosmic Cowboy Christmas Tour” stops by Houston a few days before the holiday and will leave toe-tapping fans in the Christmas spirit. Tickets range from $47 to over $99. 7pm.
- Dave East at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, December 21 – Def Jam recording artist Dave East stops by Houston, ahead of his highly anticipated upcoming debut studio album. Tickets range from $23 in advance to $115 with a meet and greet. 8:30pm.
- Playboi Carti at Revention Music Center | Saturday, December 22 – After releasing his debut album this summer, Die Lit, Playboi Carti has begun his trap career with the help of many of the genre’s biggest names, including Houston’s own Travis Scott, who features on “Love Hurts”. Tickets for his show range from $54 to over $200, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- A Drag Queen Christmas at House of Blues | Saturday, December 22 – Some of the most barbed-tongue queens from RuPaul’s Drag Race sashay across the stage at House of Blues for a special Christmas event as part of The Naughty Tour. Tickets range from $60 to $125, including VIP perks. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).