Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, December 19 to Sunday, December 23, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2018
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Blanco Tacos & Tequila Opening at The Galleria | Wednesday to Sunday – Celebrate the opening of Blanco Tacos & Tequila by enjoying creative and vibrant tacos on handmade tortillas, alongside refreshing margaritas, house cocktails, tequila flights, and mezcal. Times vary.
- Color Social’s Winter Wonderland Pop-up Experience | Saturday and Sunday – Browse an interactive Christmas experience featuring four themed installation rooms at the Color Social’s Winter Wonderland Pop-up. You can sit on Santa’s sleigh at the North Pole, watch clips of your favorite Christmas movies on the big screen, have a snowball fight with your pals, engage with a live Grinch, and more. Tickets start at $18. 9am to 8pm both days.
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- Holiday Potluck 2018 at Project Row Houses | No Cover – Project Row Houses, an arts organization in Third Ward, invites the community to join staff, board, and artists for their annual Holiday Potluck. It is recommended to bring a dish, but not required. Noon to 2pm.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – The Axelrad beer garden hosts their Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of local jazz musicians. 6:30pm.
- Break the Ice Date Night at The Ice at Discovery Green – Bring your date for a romantic night skating under the skyline of Downtown at The Ice at Discovery Green park. There will be hot chocolate and other treats available at the Snack-N-Skate Shop. Tickets are $11. $4 skate rental. 7pm to 9pm.
- Music to Your Beer: Greyhounds at Karbach Brewing | No Cover – The Karbach Brewing Restaurant and Patio continue with their Music to Your Beer concert series with music from the Austin-based duo, Greyhounds. 7pm to 9pm.
- Friends Trivia: Christmas Episodes at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Show off your knowledge of all the Christmas episodes of the beloved TV sitcom, Friends at Under the Radar Brewery. There will be prizes for best team, trivia winners, and a Friends costume contest. 7:30pm.
- Date with a Night at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Dance the night away with a giant video screen, lights, and music from DJs Brandon Duhon and Grrrl Parts at Etro Lounge in Downtown. 9:30pm.
- You Killed It! Karaoke Contest at The West End – A Public House | No Cover – Compete in 3 rounds of singing with 10 contestants for the You Killed It! Karaoke Contest at The West End – A Public House. 10:30pm.
Thursday, December 20, 2018
- Pop-up Party at The Marquis II | No Cover – The long-time West University bar The Marquis II will host a customer appreciation party and pop-up fundraiser with the help of two iconic Houston restaurants. The Original Ninfa’s on Navigation and Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys, both owned by Legacy Restaurants, have partnered up with The Marquis II to offer their delicious dishes with proceeds being donated directly to the bar. 6pm to 9pm.
- Martin Burniston’s Christmas Singalong at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Get into the holiday spirit as Martin Burniston hosts his 28th annual Christmas Singalong at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $48 in advance; $50 at the door. 7pm.
- Ugliest Holiday Sweater Karaoke Night at Renee’s on the Bayou | No Cover – Don your ugliest holiday sweater as Karaoke Soul hosts a karaoke night at Renee’s on the Bayou. 7pm to 11pm.
- Let’s Get Elf’d Up at Eureka Heights Brew Co. – Join Yoga & Hops and Eureka Heights Brew Co. for some yoga, pints, and two of a special holiday glitter beer concoction. You must sign up for this event. 7pm to 8pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Drag Queen Bingo with Blackberri at Under the Radar Brewery – Under the Radar hosts an out of the ordinary Drag Queen Bingo with the hilarious local drag queen, Blackberri. 8pm to 10pm.
- Winter Wonderland at Belvedere Uptown Park – Wear your most stylish white attire for the Winter Wonderland party at Belvedere Uptown Park. Free with RSVP before 11pm. 10pm.
Friday, December 21, 2018
- Saint Arnold Naughty List Tap Takeover at Conservatory | No Cover – Saint Arnold will be taking over 32 taps at the third annual Saint Arnold Naughty List event at Conservatory. 11am to 2am.
- Robert Earl Keen, with Shinyribs in Concert at House of Blues – The Houston native, Robert Earl Keen, has carved his place in country music, with 18 full-length albums and a storied songwriting career that spans four decades. His upcoming “Cosmic Cowboy Christmas Tour” stops by Houston a few days before the holiday and will leave toe-tapping fans in the Christmas spirit. Tickets start at $47. 7pm.
- 4 Year Anniversary Party and Ugly Sweater Contest at Ladybirds | No Cover – Celebrate Ladybirds’ 4 year anniversary with a party featuring live music, a DJ, and an ugly sweater contest with prizes. 7pm.
- Cheap Date #5 at Insomnia Gallery – Get your holiday shopping started at the Cheap Date event where local artists will be selling their work for $20 a piece at Insomnia Gallery. Tickets are $3; $5 for 2 people. 7pm.
- John Allen Stephens in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Local singer-songwriter and producer, John Allen Stephens headlines at White Oak Music Hall along with openers Camera Cult and Lyta. No cover for 21 and up; $15 for under 21. 8pm.
- Don Diablo at Stereo Live Houston – Catch a set from the EDM Dutch DJ, record producer, and musician, Don Diablo at Stereo Live Houston. Tickets are $25. 10pm.
- A Tribute to George Michael at Etro Lounge – Pay tribute to one of the ’80s most iconic dance-pop singer and artist, George Michael, with a dance night at Etro Lounge. 10pm.
- 54 at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Boogie over to Prohibition Theatre and get down with Houston’s brightest stars, The Moonlight Dolls, for the party of your life. This one-hour show is followed by two hours of disco dancing. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 11pm.
Saturday, December 22, 2018
- A Honky Tonk Anniversary at Goodnight Charlie’s – Goodnight Charlie’s celebrates their anniversary with live music, drink specials, a special anniversary cocktail menu, and a pig roast. 1pm.
- Little White Oak Night Market at Sideout Volleybar | No Cover – The Little White Oak Night Market will feature local farmers, craft merchandise vendors, and local artists at Sideout Volleyball. 4pm to 8pm.
- A Drag Queen Christmas: The Naughty Tour at House of Blues – Sashay your way into House of Blues as some of the RuPaul’s Drag Race queens perform for their Drag Queen Christmas: The Naughty Tour. Tickets range from $60 to $125. 7pm.
- Playboi Carti at Revention Music Center – Originally known at Sir Cartier, he changed his name to Playboi Carti at the age of 17. He first came into prominence in 2015 with his song “Broke Boi”. Carti’s eponymous debut mixtape, which features guest appearances from Lil Uzi Vert, ASAP Rocky, and Leven Kali, was released in Spring 2017. Tickets start at $54. 7pm.
- Polaroid Summer in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – See the indie band, Polaroid Summer in concert at White Oak Music Hall with support from Point Blank Society and Guilla. Free for over 21; $5 for under 21. 8pm.
- X-Mas Party at Goode Company Armadillo Palace – Goode Company hosts their X-Mas Party with performances from Max Stalling & Heather Stalling, John Evans Band, and Matt Hillyer of Eleven Hundred Springs. Tickets are $12 in advance; $15 the day of. 9pm.
- Full Moon Christmas Party at Numbers Nightclub – Celebrate the full moon at Numbers Nightclub’s Christmas Party with dancing and holiday gift giveaways throughout the night including a giant UHDTV smart TV. Cover charge is $5 before 10pm. 9pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant Theatre Company’s immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11pm.
Sunday, December 23, 2018
- Jingle & Mingle Christmas Party at Capitol Bar in Midtown – Celebrate on the build-up to Christmas Eve at a mixer in Midtown. Patrons can grab green, red, and gold wristbands that indicate whether their relationship status is “Single”, “Taken”, or “It’s Complicated.” 5pm to 2am.
- Bruce Robison & Kelly Willis: Holiday Shindig at The Heights Theater – Bruce’s and Kelly’s holiday performance finds the husband-and-wife duo of singer-songwriters with a full band singing songs from their Christmas album Happy Holidays. Tickets range from $22 to $184. 7pm.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Movie Screening at Axelrad | No Cover – The Axelrad beer garden in Midtown hosts a holiday movie screening of the Tim Burton movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. 7:30pm to 9pm.
- Parker McCollum in Concert at House of Blues – Catch a show from the alternative-country singer-songwriter, Parker McCollum at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $15. 7:30pm.
- Sunday Theatre Karaoke at Guava Lamp | No Cover – The LGBTQ-friendly nightclub, Guava Lamp hosts their theatre-themed karaoke night every Sunday. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).