Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, December 3 to Sunday, December 9, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2018
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Cheap Skate Night at Discovery Green | Monday, December 3 – Glide around The ICE skating rink with a friend at Discovery Green for the price of one every Monday. Tickets are $15 for two people or $8 per person. Includes tax and skate rental. 5pm to 10pm.
- Glow in the Dark Chanukah: Post Oak Menorah Lighting | Monday, December 3 | FREE – The Annual Post Oak Menorah Lighting hosts the Glow in the Dark Chanukah celebration with crafts for the kids, refreshments, vendors, and the lighting of a giant menorah. The event will be taking place on the intersection of San Felipe Blvd and S Post Oak Ln. 6:30pm.
- 9th Annual Chanukah Extravaganza at Evelyn’s Park | Tuesday, December 4 – The Bellaire Jewish Center hosts their family-friendly 9th Annual Chanukah Extravaganza at Evelyn’s Park. Activities include a latke bar, all-you-can-eat BBQ, face painting, bounce houses, a community menorah lighting and more. Tickets start at $12 for adults; $8 for children; and $36 per family. 4:45pm.
- Christmas on Main Street in La Porte | Thursday, December 6 | FREE – Every year, the city of La Porte rings in the holiday season with music from La Porte Independent School District, an official lighting of the tree, pictures with Santa, themed vendors, and a huge ice skating rink at Christmas on Main Street. 5pm to 8pm.
- Screen on the Green: Home Alone Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Thursday, December 6 | FREE – The holiday-inspired Screen on the Green continues with a free showing of the 1990 holiday caper Home Alone starring a pint-sized Macauley Culkin as Kevin McCallister depending his empty home from two bumbling crooks. 7pm.
- Snowfest in Missouri City | Friday, December 7 | FREE – Missouri City’s 35th annual Snowfest will feature activities including a 3-lane snow hill, a chainsaw ice carver, inflatables, photos with Santa, and fireworks. 5:30pm.
- 10th Annual Gingerbread Build-Off at Hermann Square | Saturday, December 8 | FREE – Architecture Center Houston hosts the 10th Annual Gingerbread Build-Off at City Hall’s Hermann Square. Competing teams will create their masterpieces using 100% edible materials. More than 4,500 spectators are expected to attend and cheer on the teams, play in the kids’ construction zone, and see Santa. 10am to 4:30pm.
- Opera in the Heights presents Lucinda y las Flores de la Nochebuenaat Lambert Hall | Saturday, December 8 – Opera in the Heights presents the bilingual children’s opera, Lucinda y las Flores de la Nochebuena, a retelling of the Mexican folktale about the poinsettia at Lambert Hall. Tickets are $20 for adults; $10 for children. 11am.
- Holiday Movie Under the Moon: Elf Movie Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, December 8 | FREE – Bring out the whole family to see a special holiday screening of Elf at Sugar Land Town Square. 7pm to 9pm.
- Breakfast with Santa at Hotel Derek | Sunday, December 9 – Bring the kiddos to meet and snap a pic with Santa Claus at Hotel Derek. There will be a breakfast buffet, cookie decorating, Christmas movies projected on a big screen, and more festivities for the whole family. Tickets are $45 for adults; $35 for children ages 1 to 12. 9am to 11am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).