Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, November 19 to Sunday, November 25, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2018
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Thanksgiving Parade at Children’s Museum of Houston | Wednesday, November 21 – Design banners, Thanksgiving vests, and pennants to wobble alongside the turkey character at the Children’s Museum’s Thanksgiving Parade. This event is included with general admission to the museum. 10am.
- Houston Turkey Trot 2018 at Uptown Galleria | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 21 – Start Thanksgiving Day off on the right foot by running in the annual BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot. Registration ranges from $20 to $40. There will be a 10k at 7am, followed by a 5k at 8am, and a kid’s run at 9am.
- The 2018 Pearland Turkey Trot at Pearland Stadium | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22 – Burn off some pre-Thanksgiving calories at The Pearland Turkey Trot. Choose from the 4-mile, 6-mile run/walk or 1-mile family run. Kids under the age of 12 can run the Tot Trot Kids K. Tickets range from $15 to $60. 7:30pm.
- Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22 | FREE – Get into the holiday spirit at the 69th Annual Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade, a stunning showcase of sensational floats, high-flying balloons, marching bands, artistic entries, and live entertainment in the streets of Downtown. 9am.
- The Nutcracker at the Wortham Theatre Center | Friday, November 23 to Sunday, November 25 – The holiday favorite, The Nutcracker, returns, presented by the Houston Ballet. This timeless classic tells the story of Clara and her magical adventures in the Kingdom of Sweets, set to Tchaikovsky’s magnificent score. VIP tickets, which include treats and drinks before the show and during intermission, start at $60. Showtimes vary.
- Festival of Trees at Cane Island in Katy | Friday, November 23 to Sunday, November 25 – Welcome the holidays with shopping, entertainment, Santa appearances and more at the annual Festival of Trees event in Katy’s first master-planned community, Cane Island. Tickets start at $7. Times vary.
- Grand Illumination Tree Lighting Ceremony at The Woodlands Resort | Friday, November 22 | FREE – Spread holiday cheer at The Woodlands Resort’s Grand Illumination Tree Lighting Ceremony, which includes carolers, hot chocolate and apple cider, gingerbread house-decorating, photo booths, pictures with Santa, and the lighting of a 20-foot Christmas tree. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Skate with Santa at Discovery Green | Saturday, November 24 – Santa Claus comes to town to skate at The ICE at Discovery Green park. Tickets are $11. $4 skate rental. 5pm to 6pm.
- Photos with Santa at Sugar Land Town Square | Sunday, November 25 | FREE – Snap a photo for your family Christmas card when Mr. and Mrs. Claus make an appearance in Sugar Land Town Square. And in the spirit of giving, bring along a new stuffed animal to donate to the Fort Bend Rainbow Room’s Christmas Project. 1pm to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).