Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, November 21 to Sunday, November 25, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2018
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- DC vs Marvel Art Show at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. | Friday, November 23 to Sunday, November 25 – Super Happy Incredible Toys joins War’hous to present the first-ever DC vs Marvel art show at Saint Arnold Brewery. The show will feature artwork from local artists, an eclectic vendor market, and cosplay contests throughout Thanksgiving weekend. Times vary.
- Emotions: A Very Mariah Christmas at Art Factory Houston | Friday, November 23 to Sunday, November 25 – Catch a tribute show to the queen of Christmas, featuring Art Factory Houston’s talented vocalists. $20, but limited discounted $10 and $15 tickets are available to select shows. Showtimes vary.
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
- Drinksgiving at Mo’s Irish Pub | No Cover – Cheers your friends and family with $3 Tito’s vodka and live music during Drinksgiving at Mo’s Irish Pub. 11am to midnight.
- Thanksgiving Pub Crawl for Charity in Downtown Houston – Celebrate the end of your shortened work week by making your way through the Downtown bars at this festive pub crawl that benefits the Houston Food Bank. Suggested donation of $10. 3pm to 9pm.
- Trophy Eyes in Concert at Warehouse Live – Catch a show from the Australian punk rock band, Trophy Eyes along with Seaway, Can’t Swim, and Hot Mulligan at Warehouse Live. Tickets are $17. 6pm.
- Thanksgiving Eve at Howl at the Moon | No Cover – Celebrate the long holiday weekend with some live music, dancing, and drinks at the Thanksgiving Eve party at Howl at the Moon. 7pm.
- How I Met Your Mother Trivia: Thanksgiving Episodes at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Get ready for a legen…wait for it…dary night of How I Met Your Mother trivia night where you can test your knowledge of all Slapsgiving and Thanksgiving episodes. 7:30pm to 10pm.
- Rezz in Concert at Revention Music Center – Hit the dance floor at a live show by Canadian DJ and record producer Rezz when she takes the stage at Revention Music Center. Tickets are $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Thanksgiving Eve Holiday Affair at Chapman & Kirby – Dine out at Chapman & Kirby while listening to music from DJ Aggravated and DJ Baby Yu during the tenth annual Thanksgiving Eve Holiday Affair. Free with RSVP. VIP tables are available for purchase. 9pm.
Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Thanksgiving Day Skating at The ICE at Discovery Green – Take a stroll around Discovery Green in Downtown and skate off all that pumpkin pie on the ice skating rink, The ICE at Discovery Green. No cover for the park; $14 general admission to skate. 11am to 11pm.
- H-Town Thanksgiving Day Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Spend Thanksgiving jamming out to live music from some of Houston’s top hip-hop artists, including Z-Ro, Slim Thug, Lil Keke, Lil Flip, Paul Wall, and Martez, when the rappers perform at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $50. 7pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Thanksgiving at Public Services Wine & Whisky – Chef Justin Yu will be preparing special Thanksgiving treats along with wine and cocktail specials all night at Public Services Wine & Whisky in Downtown. Menu items prices vary. 8pm.
Friday, November 23, 2018
- Flea at Silver Street: Holiday Flea at Silver Street Studios – Silver Street Studios’ holiday flea market returns with one-of-a-kind collectibles, jewelry, vintage finds, artwork, mid-century modern furniture, and original designs. Visitors can hit up the full bar and local food trucks, as well as onsite pet adoptions. Tickets are $5. 5pm.
- Kinky Friedman’s Black Friday Bash at Rockefellers – Kinky Friedman hosts his Black Friday Bash show with special guests Mike Stinson and Charles Bryant at Rockefellers. Tickets range from $30 to $100. 7pm.
- Oliver Francis in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Rapper Oliver Francis hits the stage for his Overdrive Tour with support from Big Baby Scumbag at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $12. 7pm.
- The Band of Heathens’ Album Release Party at The Heights Theater – Austin-based rock and roll group, The Band of Heathens comes to H-Town to celebrate the release of its new album, A Message from The People Revisited. Austin’s Matt the Electrician opens. Tickets range from $24 to $36. 8pm.
- Ashanti and Ja Rule in Concert at Arena Theatre Houston – Jam out to your favorite hits from the early 2000s at a concert by dynamic hip-hop stars Ja Rule and Ashanti. Expect to hear songs like “What’s Luv” and “Always Be On Time.” Tickets start at $59.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8:30pm.
- ComedySportz’s Live Improvised Movie: Christmas Edition at CSz Arena – The improv experts at ComedySportz mash up Christmas movie cliches into one hilarious improv show at a holiday edition of there Live Improvised Movie. $14, but discounted $7 tickets are available. 10:30pm.
- Wepa TX at Henke & Pillot – Get down to some Spanish trap and baile funk, at Wepa TX, a pop-up Latin dance party at Henke & Pillot. Free with RSVP before 11pm. Cover charge at the door after 11pm. 9pm.
- 54 at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Boogie over to Prohibition Theatre and get down with Houston’s brightest stars, The Moonlight Dolls, for the party of your life. This one-hour show is followed by two hours of disco dancing. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 11pm.
Saturday, November 24, 2018
- Winter Flea by Night at Discovery Green | No Cover – Shop for everything from art to furniture and collectibles from a variety of vendors while enjoying live music and food trucks during Discovery Green’s Flea by Night. 6pm to 10pm.
- Blue October in Concert at Revention Music Center – Originally from Houston and now based in San Marcos, Texas, alternative rock band Blue October returns to H-Town for a performance at Revention Music Center. Tickets range from $38 to $59, and you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm.
- Bourbon Masquerade Ball at India House – Enjoy bourbons from around the world, a grand food tasting, live entertainment, dancing and more at India House in Southwest Houston. Tickets start at $35, but limited discounted tickets start at $20. 7pm to 10pm.
- Cannibal Corpse in Concert at Warehouse Live – For thirty years, the American death metal group, Cannibal Corpse has been delivering harsh, pounding rhythms, and brutal lyrics to hordes of fans across the world. See them live at Warehouse Live. Tickets are $25 in advance; $28 day of show. 8pm.
- Be Someone Artist Showcase at Last Concert Cafe – Support local talent while helping to fight homelessness in Houston during the Be Someone Artist Showcase at Last Concert Cafe. The showcase will feature art vendors, performers, DJs, electronic music producers, and a laser light display, with proceeds benefiting The Pink Giraffe House non-profit. Tickets are $15. 8pm.
- OSHUN in Concert at Satellite Bar – Watch a performance from the New York-based hip-hop duo, OSHUN at Satellite Bar in the East End. Tickets start at $13. 8pm.
- Trill Sweater Party: Post Malone vs. Travis Scott at House of Blues – DJ Skywalka and DJ RedSoda spin the latest and greatest from Post Malone and Travis Scott, while decked out their trillest holiday style. Garish holiday sweaters and attire strongly encouraged. $10, but limited comped (you only pay the ticketing fee) tickets are available. 8:30pm.
- DJ Fedde Le Grand at Clé Houston – Dutch house DJ and record producer Fedde Le Grand spins at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $15. 10pm.
- Beer Babies: An Improvised Drinking Show at CSz Arena – Interact with Improv performers at a live action drinking game. BYOB. Ride-sharing or other safe transportation strongly encouraged. $14, but limited discounted $7 tickets are available. 10:30pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant Theatre Company’s immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11pm.
Sunday, November 25, 2018
- Sunday Funday Axelmarket at Axelrad | No Cover – The Axelrad beer garden in Midtown hosts a Sunday market with local farmers, artists, makers, drink specials, and food trucks. Noon.
- Sippin’ Santa Kickoff Party at Lei Low Bar | No Cover – Kick-off the holiday season with a brand new Sippin’ Santa menu at the Heights tiki bar, Lei Low. 2pm to 2am.
- Unplugged: Soul Creatures & More in Concert at Discovery Green | FREE – Enjoy an evening of acoustic music from some of Houston’s top talent on the Grace Event Lawn. This much loved local series challenges bands to re-arrange and re-imagine songs using acoustic instruments only; resulting in unique, intimate, and soulful performances. 5pm to 9pm.
- Circa Survive in Concert at House of Blues – Led by Anthony Green, Circa Survive consists of former members from Saosin, This Day Forward, and Taken. Watch the emo band at House of Blues. Tickets start at $23.50. 6:30pm.
- Willie Nelson & Family in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Over six decades, the iconic Willie Nelson has carved a spot in music history with recordings like “Crazy”, “Red Headed Stranger”, and “Stardust”. His newest release, Last Man Standing, is available for each pair of tickets purchased to this show. Tickets range from $64 to $129.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Sunday Theatre Karaoke at Guava Lamp | No Cover – The LGBTQ-friendly nightclub, Guava Lamp hosts their theatre-themed karaoke night every Sunday. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).