Celebrate the Jewish holiday of Chanukah at events around Greater Houston from Sunday, December 2 through Monday, December 10, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2018
This year, Chanukah starts on Sunday, December 2, 2018, and concludes on Monday, December 10, 2018. And you’ll find plenty of opportunities to enjoy the Festival of Lights.
Load up on chocolate gelt (coins), latkes, and other holiday favorites while lighting the menorah and enjoying music, live entertainment, crafts, and other activities during this Chanukah 2018 in Houston.
Top 7 Things to Do for Chanukah 2018 in Greater Houston
- Grand Chanukah Celebration at Market Street | Monday, December 3 | FREE – Make your way to The Woodlands Market Street for the lighting of a nine-foot, seven-branched Menorah. 4pm to 6pm.
- Lotsa Latkes at Congregation Beth Yeshurun | Monday, December 3 | FREE – Celebrate Chanukah with special art projects, delicious food, and special guest performance from Acrodunk at Congregation Beth Yeshurun. Tickets start at $8. 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Glow in the Dark Chanukah: Post Oak Menorah Lighting | Monday, December 3 | FREE – The Annual Post Oak Menorah Lighting hosts the Glow in the Dark Chanukah celebration with crafts for the kids, refreshments, vendors, and the lighting of a giant menorah. The event will be taking place on the intersection of San Felipe Blvd and S. Post Oak Ln. 6:30pm.
- Giant Menorah Lighting Celebration at Sugar Land Town Square | Monday, December 3 | FREE – Bring the whole family to Sugar Land’s Town Square to light the giant menorah and enjoy a greeting by dignitaries, arts and crafts for children, Israeli food, performances, music, and dancing. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- 9th Annual Chanukah Extravaganza at Evelyn’s Park | Tuesday, December 4 – The Bellaire Jewish Center hosts their family-friendly 9th Annual Chanukah Extravaganza at Evelyn’s Park. Activities include a latke bar, all-you-can-eat BBQ, face painting, bounce houses, a community menorah lighting and more. Tickets start at $12 for adults; $8 for children; and $36 per family. 4:44pm.
- Menorah Lighting at The Galleria | Wednesday, December 5 | FREE – Enjoy the 8th annual lighting of the 12-foot high menorah, created by I. Cohen, at The Galleria. There will be a children’s choir, dreidels, sufganiyah (Israeli doughnuts), and Chanukah gelt (chocolate coins). 6:30pm to 7:15pm.
- Menorah Lighting at Houston City Hall | Sunday, December 9 | FREE – The 23rd Annual Menorah Lighting at Houston City Hall will include addresses by Dignitaries and elected officials, music, dreidels, sufganiyot, Chanukah gelt and more on the eighth night of Chanukah. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).