Make the most of your week with our top 16 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, November 5 to Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2018
Get a head start on holiday shopping at the Nutcracker Market, cheer on your pick for the city’s top sommelier, take a seat for an enchanting show when Disney on Ice presents Frozen, chow down at Houston’s first-ever chicken wing festival and more.
Top 16 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Twenty Øne Piløts in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, November 6 – Rock out to a concert by the singers of hit songs like “Stressed Out,” “Heathens,” and “Ride” when alternative hip-hop duo Twenty Øne Piløts performs live at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper of better seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Disney on Ice: Frozen at NRG Stadium | Wednesday, November 7 to Sunday, November 11 – Watch Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf sing and dance across their frozen stage as Disney on Ice heads to NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Times vary.
- Paul Cauthen in Concert, with Chris Shiflett at Heights Theater | Thursday, November 8 – Sit back and enjoy an evening of live music by the critically acclaimed and Texas-based indie musician, Paul Cauthen. Chris Shiflett of The Foo Fighters opens the show. $15. 8pm.
- Nutcracker Market at NRG Center | Thursday, November 8 to Sunday, November 11 – Shop ‘till you drop at Houston’s highly-anticipated holiday shopping event, the annual Nutcracker Market at NRG Center. The Houston Ballet’s four-day market features more than 280 booths, offering unique gifts, home decor, gourmet foods, apparel, accessories and more. $20. Times vary.
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival at Venues Around Houston | Thursday, November 8 to Sunday, November 11 – Enjoy five days of film screenings, panel discussions, workshops, and multimedia performances as the Houston Cinema Arts Festival celebrates its tenth anniversary at various venues around Houston. Tickets start at $10. Times and locations vary.
- 10th Annual Picnic in the Park at Levy Park | Thursday, November 8 – Taste bites from some of Houston’s hottest restaurants, including Emmaline, Uchi, and Songkran Thai Kitchen, at this annual charity event that benefits SEARCH Homeless Services, a United Way organization dedicated to fighting homelessness in the Houston area. $100. 6pm to 9pm.
- Iron Sommelier at The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa | Thursday, November 8 – Watch as Houston’s most prestigious wine connoisseurs compete for the title of Iron Sommelier in the eleventh annual contest at The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa. During the competition, the sommeliers will select three wines that focus on a particular region, grape, or style, then present and describe their picks as they pour. Tickets start at $200. 6pm to 9pm.
- 65th Annual Gem, Jewelry, Mineral, & Fossil Show at Humble Civic Center | Friday, November 9 to Sunday, November 11 – Browse more than 50 exhibits featuring fossils, minerals, gemstones, and unique jewelry from around the world at the sixty-fifth annual Gem, Jewelry, Mineral, & Fossil Show in Humble Civic Center. Aspiring experts can brush up on their gem and jewelry knowledge via educational exhibitions, demonstrations, and classes offered at the three-day event. $8. Friday and Saturday 9am to 6pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- Big Bad Blues Tour: Billy F. Gibbons in Concert at Revention Music Center | Friday, November 9 – Catch a concert by former ZZ Top frontman and Houston native Billy F. Gibbons when he performs in support of his second solo album, Big Bad Blues, along with Matt Sorum and Austin Hanks at Revention Music Center Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Animaniacs in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, November 9 | FREE – Relive your cartoon-filled childhood at a free concert by the Animaniacs characters at Miller Outdoor Theatre. The show will star original cast members with music composed by Emmy winner Randy Rogel. 7:30pm.
- The French Farm’s Annual Holiday Open Warehouse Sale | Friday, November 9 and Saturday, November 10 | No Cover – Stock your kitchen for all of your holiday season get-togethers, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve at The French Farm’s Spring Open Warehouse Sale. 10am to 3pm both days.
- 17th Annual Rockets Run at Toyota Center | Saturday, November 10 – Get active with the Houston Rockets basketball team at the seventeenth annual Rockets Run, presented by Children’s Memorial Hermann. After running or walking through Memorial Square Park, participants will cross the finish line at center court to receive a commemorative T-shirt and access to the post-race party. Tickets start at $40. 6:30am.
- Wing-A-Rama Houston Chicken Wing Festival at POST Houston | Saturday, November 10 – Roll up your sleeves and chow down on chicken wings from more than 20 of Houston’s top chefs and restaurants at the first-ever Wing-A-Rama Houston Chicken Wing Festival at POST Houston. Attendees can vote for the winner of “Best Chicken Wings” and “Best Chicken Wing Inspired Dish,” compete in a flaming hot chicken wing-eating contest, or upgrade to the VIP section with appearances from the Houston Astros and Houston Dynamo. Tickets start at $35. 1pm to 5pm.
- 2018 Tequila, Taco, & Cerveza Fest at AirHogs Stadium | Saturday, November 10 – Get your fill of tacos, tequila, and beer at this food- and drink-focused festival in AirHogs Stadium. Expect food trucks and more than 40 types of tequila, as well as live mariachi music, and a Lucha Libre performance. Tickets start at $30. 2pm to 6pm.
- The Bonfire Texas 2018 at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch | Saturday, November 10 – Jam out to live music while enjoying a dog show, shopping, an auction, pet adoptions, and autumnal activities at the second annual Bonfire Texas music festival, held on the ranch at Blisswood Bed & Breakfast. Tickets start at $10. 2pm to 9pm.
- Bayou City Jazz Series: Jazz Fusion All-Stars in Concert at House of Blues | Sunday, November 11 – Hear talented jazz artists like Eric Marienthal, Gerald Veasley, Lao Tizer, and Chieli Minucci, at the Jazz Fusion All-Stars concert as part of the Bayou City Jazz Series. Tickets start at $60, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).