Rally the hometown teams to victory at these games and sports events around Houston for the week of Monday, November 5 through Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2018
Pound the pavement during Saturday morning run events around town and watch two polo teams compete for a national championship.
Elsewhere, the Rockets look to get their season on track against a tricky opponent from Indiana.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- 17th Annual Rockets Run at Toyota Center | Saturday, November 10 – Join with the Houston Rockets organization to benefit Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital at the 17th Annual Rockets Run event. Register for the Kids’ 1K, 5K run, or a 2-mile walk that finishes across center court inside Toyota Center. All registrants will receive a ticket voucher for an upcoming Rockets game. Early registration begins at $40 up to $60 for day-of registration. Packet pick-up begins at 6:30am, with the Kids’ 1K at 7:30am, and events to follow.
- 15th Annual Run in the Park at Hermann Park | Saturday, November 10 – Beat a path through a scenic course surrounded by historic live oak trees at this 15th annual Run in the Park. Choose from a 5K run, 3K walk, or 1K kids’ run and enjoy a post-race party with food, drinks, and music. Registration is $30 for adults; $15 for children. 8am.
- UH Cougars vs. Temple Owls at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, November 10 – With only one loss this season, the nationally-ranked UH Cougars look to begin the homestretch on their season against the Temple Owls from Pennsylvania. Tickets start at $10. Time TBD.
- Houston Rockets vs. Indiana Pacers at Toyota Center | Sunday, November 11 – The Rockets are up against stiff competition in Victor Oladipo and the Indiana Pacers as Red Nation searches for stability early into the season. Tickets for this game on Military Appreciation Night range from $17 to over $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- USPA U.S. Open Women’s Championship at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, November 11 – Two teams of female polo riders compete for the US. Open Women’s Championship. Fans can participate in a halftime champagne divot stomp, a showing of the latest Range Rovers, and a special World Class trophy presentation. Tickets start at $30 for adults, $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand boxes range from $79 to $695. 2pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).