Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Halloween, Wednesday, November 7 to Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2018
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival | Thursday, November 8 to Sunday, November 10 – Enjoy a week of screenings and discussions at venues like MFAH, Silver Street Studios, Asia Society Texas Center and more. The five-day, multi-venue festival includes narrative and documentary films, video installation exhibitions, multimedia performances, panel discussions, and workshops aimed at connecting the various literary and performance arts through film. Showtimes vary.
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – The Axelrad beer garden hosts their Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of local jazz musicians. 6:30pm.
- Bingo Night at Mellow Mushroom | No Cover – Enjoy drink specials, pizza, and prizes while playing a game of bingo at Mellow Mushroom. 7pm.
- Disney Villains Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Get out your spellbook, grab an evil sidekick and see how well you know some of the scariest and worst guys and girls in the kingdom with Disney Villains Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery. 7:30pm.
- Wednesday Trivia at Jive Bar & Lounge | No Cover – Jive Bar & Lounge in Spring hosts a trivia night filled with general knowledge and pop cultures questions. 8pm.
- MAJOR in Concert at Warehouse Live – See the actor and singer MAJOR in concert for his Better With You In It Tour at Warehouse Live. Joistarr opens the show. Tickets start at $20. 8pm.
Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Craft Asylum: Second Thursdays at Texas Art Asylum | FREE – Texas Art Asylum hosts a relaxed craft event where you can crochet, knit, paint draw and more. This event is BYOB and light snacks will be provided. 6pm.
- Real Men Wear Pink of Houston Wrap Up Party at Mercedes-Benz of Houston Greenway | No Cover – Join the American Cancer Society Houston at Mercedes-Benz of Houston Greenway to celebrate the Real Men Wear Pink of Houston’s 2018 campaign and candidates. Real Men Wear Pink gives men a leadership role in the fight against breast cancer. 6pm to 8pm.
- 2018 Buffalo Bayou Partnership Gala on the Sabine Street Bridge – Get dolled up for dinner, drinks, and entertainment on the Sabine Street Bridge at the 2018 Buffalo Bayou Partnership Gala, which this year honors the contributions of Judy Nyquist and Geraldina Wise. Tickets start at $1,500. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- ¡Sabrosa! Soundsystem at Axelrad | No Cover – Head to the Axelrad beer garden for a night of DJs spinning vintage latin and tropical rhythms on original vinyl. 7pm.
- Happy Hour with Beetle in Concert at The Continental Club | No Cover – Hear your favorite Beatles songs every Thursday evening with the tribute band, Beetle at The Continental Club. 7pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Drag It On: Drag Competition at Guava Lamp – Cheer on your favorite queen at Drag It On, a 6-week drag competition where 13 contestants battle it out each week for the cash prize at Guava Lamp. 10pm.
Friday, November 9, 2018
- Casino Royale Charity Classic at The Houston Club – Ante up at a casino-themed charity gala that includes fine dining, cocktails, dancing, a silent auction, and of course, casino games, hosted by The Houston Club. The Casino Royale Charity Classic benefits the Nehemiah Center. Tickets start at $100. 6pm.
- Big Bad Blues Tour: Billy F. Gibbons in Concert at Revention Music Center – Former ZZ Top frontman and Houston native Billy F. Gibbons plays his hometown in his tour also featuring Matt Sorum & Austin Hanks. The tour is in support of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee’s second solo album, Big Bad Blues. Tickets range from $35 to $105, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7pm.
- MyOhMy The Show at Warehouse Live – See this wildly entertaining Drag Show extravaganza from Bemer Productions at Warehouse Live. MyOhMy The Show collects the best talent in Texas to create the ultimate lineup for one crazy night of fabulous fun at Warehouse Live in Houston. Tickets start at $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets starting at $10. Click here to check for limited discounted tickets. 7:30pm.
- Animaniacs in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Sing-a-long and revisit your childhood when your favorite Animaniacs characters sing live on stage in Animaniacs in Concert, a musical revue at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7:30pm.
- Radney Foster in Concert, with the Marfa Lights at The Heights Theater – Radney Foster is an American country music singer-songwriter, musician, and music producer. Initially a songwriter in Nashville, Tennessee, Foster made his recording debut as part of the Foster & Lloyd duo, recording three studio albums and with nine singles on the country charts. Tickets range from $22 to $34. 8pm.
- BUHU in Concert at Satellite Bar – Catch the indie rock duo, BUHU, for their album release show at Satellite Bar. Tenets open the show. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Nick Diaz in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Watch a performance from the Texas-based rock and roller, Nick Diaz, at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $20 in advance; $22 at the door. 9:30pm.
- Chromeo DJ Set at Spire – Get funky when the pop duo, Chromeo performs a DJ Set at Spire nightclub in Downtown. Tickets are $20. 10pm.
- 54 at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Boogie over to Prohibition Theatre and get down with Houston’s brightest stars, The Moonlight Dolls, for the party of your life. This one-hour show is followed by two hours of disco dancing. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 11pm.
Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Celebr8ion of Babes: HTX Boss Babes Holiday Market at 8th Wonder Brewery – Head to the heart of East Downtown Houston and celebrate 80+ local women-owned businesses and entrepreneurs. The HTX Boss Babes Holiday Market will feature vendors, food, beer from 8th Wonder, female DJs, and interactive photobooths. Noon to 8pm.
- Cultura Art & Music Festival at The Continental Club – Make your way to Mid Main for the Cultura Art and Music Festival and enjoy a day of live music, art exhibitions, live graffiti, and craft vendors. Tickets are $10 in advance; $15 at the door. 2pm to midnight.
- Artísticas Fest: Otoño Edition at Wonky Power Live – Wonky Power hosts their Fall edition of Artísticas Fest, a festival filled with vendors and performances from local Latinas. Donations will be accepted at the door. 3pm to 9pm.
- Bayou City Music Series: Houston Blues, Jazz and Soul with Diunna Greenleaf and James Francies in Concert at Discovery Green | FREE – The Bayou City Music Series continues this fall with their final concert, Houston Blues, Jazz and Soul at Discovery Green. The show features blues singer Diunna Greenleaf and the Houston-native pianist and composer James Francies. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Del Castillo, with Lisa Morales at The Heights Theater – The Austin-based Latin rock band Del Castillo brings their original blend of rock, blues, and world music to The Heights Theater. Latin/English singer-songwriter Lisa Morales opens. All ages show. Tickets range from $22 to $184. 8pm.
- Triathalon in Concert at The Secret Group – See the indie band Triathalon along with special guests The Marias and Toast at The Secret Group. Tickets are $17 in advance; $20 at the door. 8pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant Theatre Company’s immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11pm.
Sunday, November 11, 2018
- Burton & Booooze at Karbach Brewing Restaurant and Patio | No Cover – The Burton & Booooze fest will feature local vendors, artisans, a Tim Burton-themed costume contest and a screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas at Karbach Brewing Restaurant and Patio. Noon to 8pm.
- Bayou City Jazz Series: Jazz Fusion All-Stars in Concert at House of Blues – Hear talented jazz artists like Eric Marienthal, Gerald Veasley, Lao Tizer, and Chieli Minucci at the Jazz Fusion All-Stars concert, as part of the Bayou City Jazz Series. Tickets start at $60, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 5pm.
- An Evening with Billy Joe Shaver at The Heights Theater – The Texas country music singer and songwriter returns to Houston. Never a household name, his songs became country standards during the ’70s and his reputation among musicians and critics hasn’t diminished during the ensuing decades. Tickets range from $22 to $168. 7pm.
- Wye Oak in Concert at Rockefellers – Hear the dreamy pop sounds of the indie duo, Wye Oak along with Thor and Friends at Rockefellers. Tickets start at $15. 8pm.
- Platform Disco Sunday Night Fever at The Flat | No Cover – The Flat hosts a Sunday night with a collective of DJs playing rare cuts, b-sides and new edits of disco, funk, boogie, underground, and classic house. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).