Explore the world of antiques, décor, and more while hearing from several renowned designers at the Theta Charity Antiques Show at George R. Brown Convention Center, Friday, November 16 through Sunday, November 18, 2018.
For one in weekend in November, Houston plays host to one of the preeminent charity antiques shows in the nation.
The 66th Annual Theta Charity Antiques Show gathers nearly 70 exhibitors from across the U.S. and Europe to present fine art, furniture, and décor spanning a diverse range of design styles and time periods.
This year’s Theta Charity Antiques Show highlights the timeless beauty of botanicals, brought to life through conversations with several distinguished designers.
Hitting the Show Floor
Whether you’re searching for fine art to hang, antique globes, oriental rugs, or jewelry and more, there is plenty to see and shop for at Theta Charity Antiques Show.
New to this year’s show, the Artisan Village provides a highly-curated collection for the home, with items valued for their craftsmanship and beauty.
Interior designers and art experts will also be on hand, periodically leading 45-minute walks through the show floor, providing insight and a special look at how they approach the Theta Charity Antiques Show.
The Bobby Sue Smith Cohn Speakers Series
A collection of five renowned designers highlight this year’s Theta Charity Antiques Show, providing insights and discussion throughout the weekend on design culture and their projects.
Friday, November 10, 2018
- Miles Redd at 10:30am — Former Creative Director of Oscar de la Renta Home, Redd has also launched a line of fabrics, wallcoverings, and carpets in recent years. His work, infused by boldness and a strong sense of color, has been featured in VOGUE, Architectural Digest (named to the AD100), and ELLE Décor. Book signing to follow.
- Suzanne Kasler at 2pm — Mixing traditional with contemporary, Kasler creates spaces and products that convey a sophisticated simplicity. Her work has featured in Architectural Digest (named to the AD100), ELLE Décor (named to the A-List), and House Beautiful. Book signing to follow.
Saturday, November 11, 2018
- Carolyne Roehm at 10:30am — With over four decades of work in American design culture, Roehm has worked alongside Oscar de la Renta, launched her own fashion house, and delved into the industries of fashion, gardening, entertaining, publishing, and decorative arts. Her most recent publication, Design & Style: A Constant Thread was released in June 2018. Book signing to follow.
- Ashley Woodson Bailey at 2pm — After launching a line of signature art prints in 2014, Ashley Woodson Bailey has expanded her organic style of floral arrangements to include wallpaper, fabrics, and limited-edition products. Her work is made possible by her own foraging efforts, and working with floral markets and farming partners.
Sunday, November 12, 2018
- James Farmer at 1pm — A professional garden, floral and interior designer, Farmer is also a seven-time best-selling author and has just published A Place to Call Home, his first book on interior design. Farmer’s design work has been featured in Southern Living, Traditional Home, and Country Living, among others. Book signing to follow.
Benefiting Houston Organizations
This year’s Theta Charity Antiques Show will also raise proceeds benefiting four permanent organizations (Bayou Bend Collections and Gardens, Child Advocates, Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, and Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers) as well as four beneficiaries chosen for the 2018 Show (Arrow’s Freedom Place, Martha’s Way, Second Servings, and Small Steps Nurturing Center).
Theta Charity Antique Show 2018 at GRB Convention Center
- Dates: Friday, November 16 through Sunday, November 18, 2018
- Times: Friday 9am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday 11am to 6pm
- Location: George R. Brown Convention Center, 1001 Avenida De Las Americas, Houston, TX 77010
- Parking: Paid lot and street parking is available in the surrounding area
- Admission: Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Preview Party admission ranges from $50 to $250. Admission for Speakers, Designer and Art Walks range from $25 to $50. Click here for more information on ticket packages and to purchase admission.
This story was sponsored by Theta Charity Antique Show. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.