Break out the pom-poms and cheer on the hometown teams at these exciting games and sports events around Houston in November 2018.
Also in November 2018
Happening This Week
The Rockets head into a major matchup this month against the team that ended their season last year in heartbreaking fashion.
And if you’re looking to pair your Thanksgiving feasts with a little exercise, then be sure to register for one of the run and walk events taking place this holiday.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: November 2018
- Zombie Charge 5K Obstacle Course & Festival at Rio Bravo Motocross Park | Saturday, November 3 – Halloween might be over, but the undead still walk the Earth at this zombie 5K obstacle course. Using natural and artificial obstacles, runners attempt to cross fields, trenches, creeks, trails and more with zombie actors aiming to grab a flag that hangs from the waist. Registration starts at $30 for zombies; $69 for runners. Spectators are welcome free of charge. 9am.
- JDRF One Walk at NRG Park | Saturday, November 3 – The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation hosts this annual 2.2 mile walk, in an effort to raise money for type 1 diabetes research. Registration for this event is free, though runners are encouraged to donate or raise funds. Check-in is at 8am with the walk beginning at 9:30am.
- Texan Open at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, November 4 – The Houston Polo Club hosts a polo match as two teams compete at the Texas Open. There will be live flamenco guitar music, a halftime champagne divot stomp, the McDugald Steele pony hops, and a special trophy presentation. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats range from $79 to $695. 2pm.
- 17th Annual Rockets Run at Toyota Center | Saturday, November 10 – Join with the Houston Rockets organization to benefit Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital at the 17th Annual Rockets Run event. Register for the Kids’ 1K, 5K run, or a 2-mile walk that finishes across center court inside Toyota Center. All registrants will receive a ticket voucher for an upcoming Rockets game. Early registration begins at $40 up to $60 for day-of registration. Packet pick-up begins at 6:30am, with the Kids’ 1K at 7:30am and events to follow.
- Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors at Toyota Center | Thursday, November 15 – The new NBA season might be barely a month old but the Rockets will be thrust into one of the major marquee matchups of the year, facing their Western Conference rivals, the Golden State Warriors. Tickets range from $80 to over $1000 and are likely to sell out, but you might find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- UH Cougars vs. Tulane Green Wave at TDECU Stadium | Thursday, November 15 – The final home game of the season for the Coogs sees a matchup against Tulane in a Thursday primetime kickoff. Tickets range from $20 to $40. 7pm.
- Houston Turkey Trot at Dillard’s Galleria | Thursday, November 22 – Before you fill up on Thanksgiving feasts, you might want to pound the pavement first. The 2018 Turkey Trot sends runners through the Uptown Galleria area, starting outside Dillard’s at Post Oak Boulevard and Westheimer. Registrations for the 10K, 5K, and Kids Run range from $20 to $40. 7:30am.
- YMCA Turkey Dash 2018 at Monty Ballard YMCA at Cinco Ranch | Thursday, November 22 – If you can’t make it to the Galleria area on Thanksgiving, then perhaps the 16th Annual YMCA Turkey Dash in the Katy area might be more convenient. Featuring a 10K, 5K, and 1-mile events for children and walking, this Turkey Dash will also be handing out prizes for costumed runners. Registration ranges from $15 to $40, depending on how early you register. 6:45am.
- Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans at NRG Stadium | Monday, November 26 – After losing a close one in September, the Texans get another chance at topping the struggling Titans at home. Tickets range from $39 to more than $450, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:15pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks at Toyota Center | Wednesday, November 28 – In recent years, this I-45 rivalry has been sputtering on the Dallas side of things. But with new acquisitions DeAndre Jordan and Euro-star Luka Doncic, along with the leadership of Dirk Nowitzki, things might be trending up for a suddenly youthful Mavs squad. Tickets range from $20 to over $450, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).