Keep your Halloween festivities alive at Halloween events, parties, and gatherings around Houston on Halloween Day, Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
The big Halloween weekend may have come and gone, but the actual night of the Great Pumpkin still falls on Wednesday, October 31. And there are plenty of options out there, for both families and for adults looking to mingle alike.
Be sure to double check with event organizers, as some outdoor events may be canceled to do expected heavy rains.
2018 Houston Halloween Day Events
- $25 Halloween Membership Savings at the Children’s Museum of Houston | Kids – For a very limited time, the Children’s Museum is offer $25 off of all membership levels with promo code TREAT25. Members get free museum admission all year, including access to special events, and activities, plus exclusive offers. Click here for more information or to order your discounted memberships. Offer valid until 11:59pm on Halloween Day.
- Family-Friendly Haunted House at the National Museum of Funeral History | Kids – Explore post-nuclear meltdown in the town of Deadford Falls at the Funeral Museum’s annual haunted display. The haunted house will be open through this Sunday, November 4. $5 for ages 12 and up; $3 for ages 11 and under. 10am to 4pm.
- SpookTacular at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Kids – Bring your little ghouls and goblins to The Woodlands Children’s Museum for a Monster Mash Boogie Bash, games, a performance by Tom’s Fun Band, art projects, a puppeteer, and a magic show this Halloween. $10. 10am to 6pm.
- Monster Mash Spooktacular at Memorial City | Kids | FREE – Slip on your best Halloween costume and trick or treat at the shops in Memorial City during their third annual Monster Mash Halloween Spooktacular. 5pm to 7pm.
- Trick or Treat at the 1838 Menard House in Galveston | Kids | FREE – Take part in a night of ghostly fun and trick-or-treating as Galveston’s oldest residence, the 1838 Menard House, opens its gates on Halloween night. 5pm to 7pm.
- Halloween Trick-Or-Treat at CityCentre | Kids | FREE – Costumed kiddos can stock up on loads of candy while trick-or-treating at CityCentre, then make use of their sugar rush at the monster mash dance party with a live DJ. 5pm to 8pm.
- Trick or Treat Trail at Pearland Parks and Recreation | Kids | FREE – Spend All Hallow’s Eve enjoying food trucks, inflatables, a costume contest, and of course, plenty of candy, and at Pearland Parks and Recreation. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- A Boo!chata Halloween at Midtown Park | Adults & Kid-friendly | FREE – Listen to music from Ill-Set Dee-J and A Sure Thing, while sipping samples of wine and complimentary beer when Midtown Park hosts the Boo!chata Halloween celebration. The park will also offer face painting, raffle prizes, and a photo booth throughout the night. 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Kids Halloween Block Party at The Barking Pig | Kids | FREE – Take your family to The Barking Pig for its outdoor Halloween block party, which will feature a bounce house, trick or treating, and a free drink for costumed adults. 6pm.
- Harry Potter Trivia & Halloween Party at Liberty Station | Adults – Witches, wizards, and muggles alike can test their knowledge of all things Harry Potter when Liberty Station hosts trivia night with door prizes, a costume contest, and themed food and drinks. $30 per trivia team. 6pm.
- Ghosts & Grub at George Ranch Historical Park | Adults & Teen-friendly – Dine out and get spooked this Halloween as George Ranch Historical Park stays open late for its Ghosts & Grub event. Adults and children over 12 are invited to a themed meal, followed by a walking lantern tour with Texas-based ghost stories. $35. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Spooky Standup at The Secret Group | Adults – Catch the giggles when costumed comedians take the stage for a Halloween-themed stand-up comedy bit at The Secret Group. Costumes are welcome. Tickets start at $6. 7pm.
- Poltergeist Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | All Ages | FREE – Dare to watch a free screening of Steven Spielberg’s nightmare-inducing film from the 1980s, Poltergeist, at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7pm.
- Halloween Vinyl Night with Saint Arnold at MKT Bar in Downtown | Adults – Saint Arnold Brewing Company’s Chef Ryan Savoie spins turns, while vintage Pumpkinator and other Saint Arnold brews are tapped for a special Halloween soiree. No cover. 7pm to 10pm.
- All Hallows‘ Eve at The Cottonmouth Club in Downtown | Adults – Downtown’s favorite new haunt for high quality cocktails celebrates its first Halloween with an upstairs/downstairs cocktail-fueled bash. No cover for downstair entry; $99 for VIP tickets to upstairs hosted lounge. 8pm to midnight.
- Monster Mash at 3rd Floor in Midtown | Adults – Join Houston-area Texas A&M alumni at an all Hallow’s Eve costume party with prizes, a DJ, and more. No cover. 8pm to midnight.
- Numbers Halloween at Numbers Nightclub in Montrose | Adults – Dance and compete in (or just watch) a costume contest awarding more than $1,500 in cash and prizes. Cover TBD and will increase at 9pm. 8pm to 2:30am.
- Halloween: Dead Celebrity Karaoke Contest at The West End, A Public House in Uptown | Adults – Pay tribute to your favorite deceased celebrities and musicians by dressing up in costume and singing karaoke at The West End – A Public House. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Dead Man’s Party Halloween Dance Macabre at Houston Undrgrnd in the Warehouse District | Adults – DJ Shane Black spins dark ’80s tracks at costumes-encouraged dance party in Downtown’s Warehouse District. $5 until 11pm; $10 after. 9pm to 2am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed five days a week).