Put on your costume, pass out candy (or hoard it all for yourself) and then head out for a night on the town at one of the many parties happening in Houston for Halloween 2018.
Also in October 2018
Happening This Week
Whether you’re looking to make your way through a terrifying haunted house, hop from bar to bar, have a cocktail with skeletons or go to an all-out costume ball, there are plenty of parties to let loose at this Halloween in Houston.
With the haunted holiday falling on a Wednesday this year, there’s no reason why Halloween 2018 can’t be the most jam-packed yet.
If you’re looking for kid-friendly Halloween activities, be sure to check out our roundup of Halloween fun for families.
Halloween 2018 Parties in Houston
Friday, October 26, 2018
- Pints and Pumpkins at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. – Carve your very own Halloween pumpkin and enter the contest while sipping on a beer at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. Carving kits will be $10. 6pm to 9pm.
- Video Horror Show at El Bambi | No Cover – The El Bambi vintage store hosts the VHS (Video Horror Show) art show filled with spooky artwork from Houston artists. 7pm to 9pm.
- Practical Magic Movie Screening Party at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra – Watch an interactive screening of the ’90s witch film starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman, Practical Magic at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra. Tickets are $14.07. 7:30pm.
- Halloween Howl2Go at The Westin at The Woodlands – Experience a high energy, interactive Dueling Piano show and come dressed in your best costume to dance to your favorite songs at the Halloween-themed Howl2Go party. The best costume will receive a $50 bar tab. Tickets are $45. 8pm to 11pm.
- Halloween Bash at Hotel ZaZa Museum District – Hotel ZaZa in the Museum District hosts there Ghost White Night-themed Halloween Bash, a party haunted by Hollywood Icons from the past. The party will be complete with a DJ in the mix, drink specials, and light bites. You must RSVP for this event. 10pm.
Saturday, October 27, 2018
- Washington Dead Block Party at Clutch Bar Houston – From the guys who brought you The Mile Series, The Green Mile, and Cinco de Mile, they’re ready to break out another spooktacular event for you. Their first annual Washington Dead Block Party is sure to be a frightful fiasco of the best costumes, partying and mayhem. Tickets are $10, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $5.50. 10am to midnight.
- Halloween Pub Crawl in Downtown – Get in your costume and get ready to walk through the streets of Downtown for the Halloween Pub Crawl. The Halloween-themed crawl will feature drink specials at every bar and giveaways throughout the crawl. Tickets are $10. 3pm to 7pm.
- Houston HalloWeekend Bar Crawl at The Dogwood – Visit numerous venues throughout the evening while seeing the rest of the Halloween madness all over town at the HalloWeekend Bar Crawl. Head to The Dogwood to kick off the night, then walk the streets of Midtown and/or Downtown in your costume. Tickets are $12, but you may find limited comp or tickets for $5. 4pm.
- Dia de los Muertos at Satellite Bar – Satellite Bar in the East End hosts a Dia de los Muertos and Halloween-themed party featuring music from Space Kiddettes, Saints of Marfa, Videoteque and more. 5pm.
- Crawl of Screams Halloween Bar Crawl – Haunt the streets of Houston in your costume and join other in the Crawl of Screams Halloween Bar Crawl. Participating bars include Handlebar, Revolver Houston, Fuego’s Saloon, Lincoln Bar, and Nettbar. Tickets start at $20. 5pm.
- 12th Annual Montrose Crawl | No Cover – Put on your Halloween costume and crawl to the bars and restaurants between Dunlavy and Montrose on Westheimer for the 12th Annual Montrose Crawl. 6pm.
- Brazilian Halloween Party at Capitol Bar Midtown – Capitol Bar in Midtown hosts a Brazilian Halloween Party complete with drinks, live music, a DJ, a costume contest, a Brazilian food. Tickets start at $10. 7pm.
- Halloween H2Whoa: Tribute Show and Costume Party at Axelrad | No Cover – Get your Halloween costumes ready and watch local Houston acts perform tributes to some to bands like The Cure, Buck Owens and Can at Axelrad. There will also be a Haunted House. 7:30pm.
- Spirits & Skeletons at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Dress up in costume, have a bite at a food truck, and enjoy a drink while your favorite hits are played by Supernova and DJ Dame Hype at the annual Spirits & Skeletons Halloween party at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Tickets are $50 for nonmembers; $25 for members. 8pm.
- Saints & Sinner’s Halloween Soirée at Hotel Derek – Hotel Derek celebrates Halloween weekend with its Saints & Sinners Soirée featuring dramatic decor with costumed performers, live music, cocktails, a costume contest and more. Tickets start at $35 for general admission; $65 for VIP. 8pm.
- Halloween Drag Party at Bar Boheme – Spend your Halloween weekend at the Halloween Drag Party featuring performances from local drag queens Chloe Knox, Cyn City, Chloe Crawford and more at Bar Boheme. There will also be a live DJ, a costume party and contest, drink specials, and $1000 in prizes. A reservation is required. 9pm.
- Underworld’s Halloween Bash at Numbers Nightclub – Numbers Nightclub in Montrose hosts their annual Halloween Bash with DJs, a costume contest, and cash prizes. Tickets are $10 for over 21; $15 for under 21. 9pm.
- Malo’ween at The Dive – Wear your costume and head to the 7th Annual Malo’ween party at The Dive. The party will feature DJs, dancing, drinks, and a costume contest at midnight. Tickets are $15. 9pm.
Sunday, October 28, 2018
- Trick or Treat Art Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – Put on your costume and head to Karbach Brewing Co. as they host their Halloween-themed art market filled with local artists and vendors. Noon.
- Haute Howl-o-ween Pet & Polo Party at Houston Polo Club – The 2018 Haute Howl-o-ween Pet & Polo Party at the Houston Polo Club will benefit Citizens for Animal Protection. Have a spooktacular time catching a complimentary polo match, while enjoying lite bites and wine. CAP will also bring dogs that are up for adoption. Suggested donation for entry is $20. 4pm to 7pm.
- The Fog: 4K Laser Projection Movie Screening Presentation at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra – The Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra screens a 4k restoration of John Carpenter’s classic, The Fog. Tickets are $10.83. 6pm.
Monday, October 29, 2018
- Halloween Movie Night Mondays Screening at Heights Bier Garten | No Cover – Get into the Halloween spirit as Heights Bier Garten screens the 1978 John Carpenter classic, Halloween. 7pm.
- Beetlejuice & Donnie Darko Movie Screening at Axelrad | No Cover – Enjoy a spooky double feature of Beetlejuice and Donnie Darko at Axelrad’s outdoor beer garden. 7:30pm to 11:30pm.
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Beetlejuice Movie Screening Party at Alamo Drafthouse – Haunt along with the ghost with the most at this limited-engagement 30th Anniversary celebration and screening of Beetlejuice at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra. Tickets are $14.07. 7:30pm.
- Hocus Pocus Movie Screening at Axelrad | No Cover – See your 3 favorite witches when Axelrad screens Disney’s Hocus Pocus in their outdoor beer garden. 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
Halloween, Wednesday, October 31, 2018
- A Boo!chata Halloween at Midtown Park – Put on your costume for the Boo!chata Halloween celebration and enjoy music from Ill-Set Dee-J and A Sure Thing, food trucks, vendors, complimentary beer, wine sampling, face painting, raffle prizes, and a photo booth at Midtown Park. 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Harry Potter Trivia & Halloween Party at Liberty Station – Wizards, witches, and even muggles can come together for Liberty Station’s Harry Potter Trivia and Halloween Party. There will be door prizes, a costume contest, and Harry Potter-themed drinks and food. $30 per trivia team. 6pm.
- Poltergeist Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Watch a screening of Steven Spielberg’s ’80s film Poltergeist for Halloween at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7pm to 10pm.
- Halloween: Dead Celebrity Karaoke Contest at The West End – A Public House – Dress up as a dead celebrity and pay tribute to some of your favorite deceased musicians at this Halloween Karaoke Contest at The West End. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).