Put on your costume, pass out candy (or hoard it all for yourself), and head out for a night on the town at one of the many parties happening in Houston for Halloween 2018.
Also in October 2018
Happening This Week
Whether you’re looking to make your way through a terrifying haunted house, hop from bar to bar, have a cocktail with skeletons or go to an all-out costume ball, there are plenty of parties to let loose at this Halloween in Houston.
With the haunted holiday falling on a Wednesday this year, there’s no reason why Halloween 2018 can’t be the most jam-packed yet.
If you’re looking for kid-friendly Halloween activities, be sure to check out our roundup of Halloween fun for families.
Halloween 2018 Parties in Houston
- 8th Annual Midtown Spookfest in Midtown | Friday, October 26, Saturday, October 27, and Wednesday, October 31 – Bars in Midtown including 3rd Floor, Irish Cowboy, and Pub Fiction host a 3-day Spookfest featuring DJs, costume contests, cash prizes, and more. There is no cover for Friday and Wednesday. There will be a cover charge at the door on Saturday. Times vary per day.
Friday, October 26, 2018
- Pints and Pumpkins at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. – Carve your very own Halloween pumpkin and enter the contest while sipping on a beer at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. Carving kits will be $10. 6pm to 9pm.
- Video Horror Show (VHS) at El Bambi | No Cover – The Greater Heights vintage store hosts an art show filled with spooky artwork from Houston artists. 7pm to 9pm.
- Practical Magic Movie Screening Party at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra – Watch an interactive screening of the ’90s witch film starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman, Practical Magic at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra. Tickets are $14.07. 7:30pm.
- Halloween Howl2Go at The Westin at The Woodlands – Experience a high energy, interactive Dueling Piano show and come dressed in your best costume to dance to your favorite songs at the Halloween-themed Howl2Go party. The best costume will receive a $50 bar tab. Tickets are $45. 8pm to 11pm.
- Halloween Bash at Hotel ZaZa Museum District – Hotel ZaZa in the Museum District hosts there Ghost White Night-themed Halloween Bash, a party haunted by Hollywood Icons from the past. The party will be complete with a DJ in the mix, drink specials, and light bites. You must RSVP for this event. 10pm.
Saturday, October 27, 2018
- Washington Dead Block Party at Clutch Bar Houston – From the guys who brought you The Mile Series, The Green Mile, and Cinco de Mile, they’re ready to break out another spooktacular event for you. Their first annual Washington Dead Block Party is sure to be a frightful fiasco of the best costumes, partying and mayhem. Tickets are $10, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $5.50. 10am to 2am.
- Halloween Pub Crawl in Downtown – Get in your costume and get ready to walk through the streets of Downtown for the Halloween Pub Crawl. The Halloween-themed crawl will feature drink specials at every bar and giveaways throughout the crawl. Tickets are $10. 3pm to 7pm.
- Freaky Deaky Texas Music Festival at Sam Houston Race Park | Day 1 – Replacing the former Something Wicked Festival, Freaky Deaky Texas features two days of EDM, house, hip hop, and other edgy genres. Crazy and creepy Halloween costumes are strongly encouraged. Headliners include 12th Planet, 4B, Adventure Club, and more. Tickets start at $104.95 before ticket fees, but limited, discounted tickets start at $99.95. 3pm to midnight.
- Houston HalloWeekend Bar Crawl in Midtown – Visit numerous venues throughout the evening while seeing the rest of the Halloween madness all over town at the HalloWeekend Bar Crawl. Check in at Dogwood to kick off the night, then walk the streets of Midtown and/or Downtown in your costume enjoying special prices at participating venues. Tickets are $12, but you may find limited comped (you only pay the ticketing fees) or $5 tickets. 4pm to 2am.
- Dia de los Muertos at Satellite Bar – Satellite Bar in the East End hosts a Dia de los Muertos and Halloween-themed party featuring music from Space Kiddettes, Saints of Marfa, Videoteque and more. 5pm.
- Crawl of Screams Halloween Bar Crawl – Haunt the streets of Houston in your costume and join other in the Crawl of Screams Halloween Bar Crawl. Participating bars include Handlebar, Revolver Houston, Fuego’s Saloon, Lincoln Bar, and Nettbar. Tickets start at $20. 5pm.
- 12th Annual Montrose Crawl | No Cover – Put on your Halloween costume and crawl to the bars and restaurants between Dunlavy and Montrose on Westheimer for the 12th Annual Montrose Crawl. 6pm.
- Brazilian Halloween Party at Capitol Bar Midtown – Capitol Bar in Midtown hosts a Brazilian Halloween Party complete with drinks, live music, a DJ, a costume contest, a Brazilian food. Tickets start at $10. 7pm.
- Halloween H2Whoa: Tribute Show and Costume Party at Axelrad | No Cover – Get your Halloween costumes ready and watch local Houston acts perform tributes to some to bands like The Cure, Buck Owens and Can at Axelrad. There will also be a Haunted House. 7:30pm.
- Spirits & Skeletons at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Dress up in costume, have a bite at a food truck, and enjoy a drink while your favorite hits are played by Supernova and DJ Dame Hype at the annual Spirits & Skeletons Halloween party at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Tickets are $50 for nonmembers; $25 for members. 8pm.
- Saints & Sinners Halloween Soirée at Hotel Derek – Hotel Derek celebrates Halloween weekend with its Saints & Sinners Soirée featuring dramatic decor with costumed performers, live music, cocktails, a costume contest and more. Tickets start at $35 for general admission; $65 for VIP. 8pm.
- Halloween Drag Party at Bar Boheme – Spend your Halloween weekend at the Halloween Drag Party featuring performances from local drag queens Chloe Knox, Cyn City, Chloe Crawford and more at Bar Boheme. There will also be a live DJ, a costume party and contest, drink specials, and $1000 in prizes. A reservation is required. 9pm.
- Underworld’s Halloween Bash at Numbers Nightclub – Numbers Nightclub in Montrose hosts their annual Halloween Bash with DJs, a costume contest, and cash prizes. Tickets are $10 for over 21; $15 for under 21. 9pm.
- Malo’ween at The Dive – Wear your costume and head to the 7th Annual Malo’ween party at The Dive. The party will feature DJs, dancing, drinks, and a costume contest at midnight. Tickets are $15. 9pm.
- The Devil’s Ball at Prohibition Theater – The iconic art deco theater in Downtown is transformed into a hellish and decadent venue for Halloween fun. Costumes are mandatory, and there will be a contest contest at midnight for cash and prizes. Contestants must register by 11pm. Tickets start at $75, but limited discounted tickets start at $37.50. 10pm to 2am.
- Fear Babies: An Improvised Halloween Drinking Show at CSz Arena in EaDo – ComedySportz Houston hosts a spooky, Halloween-infused edition of its Beer Babies drinking improv show. The event is BYOB, no drinks will be served at the show, but you’re welcome to bring your own. Be sure to arrange for safe transportation. $14, but limited $7 tickets are available. 10:30pm.
Sunday, October 28, 2018
- Trick or Treat Art Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – Put on your costume and head to Karbach Brewing Co. as they host their Halloween-themed art market filled with local artists and vendors. Noon.
- Freaky Deaky Texas Music Festival at Sam Houston Race Park | Day 2 – The two-day EDM, house, hip hop music festival continues. Crazy and creepy Halloween costumes are strongly encouraged. Headliners include 12th Planet, 4B, Adventure Club, and more. Tickets start at $104.95 before ticket fees, but limited, discounted tickets start at $99.95. 3pm to 10pm.
- Haute Howl-o-ween Pet & Polo Party at Houston Polo Club – The 2018 Haute Howl-o-ween Pet & Polo Party at the Houston Polo Club will benefit Citizens for Animal Protection. Have a spooktacular time catching a complimentary polo match, while enjoying lite bites and wine. CAP will also bring dogs that are up for adoption. Suggested donation for entry is $20. 4pm to 7pm.
- The Fog: 4K Laser Projection Movie Screening Presentation at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra – The Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra screens a 4k restoration of John Carpenter’s classic, The Fog. Tickets are $10.83. 6pm.
Monday, October 29, 2018
- Halloween Movie Night Mondays Screening at Heights Bier Garten | No Cover – Get into the Halloween spirit as Heights Bier Garten screens the 1978 John Carpenter classic, Halloween. 7pm.
- Beetlejuice & Donnie Darko Movie Screening at Axelrad | No Cover – Enjoy a spooky double feature of Beetlejuice and Donnie Darko at Axelrad’s outdoor beer garden. 7:30pm to 11:30pm.
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Beetlejuice Movie Screening Party at Alamo Drafthouse – Haunt along with the ghost with the most at this limited-engagement 30th Anniversary celebration and screening of Beetlejuice at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra. Tickets are $14.07. 7:30pm.
- Hocus Pocus Movie Screening at Axelrad | No Cover – See your 3 favorite witches when Axelrad screens Disney’s Hocus Pocus in their outdoor beer garden. 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
Halloween, Wednesday, October 31, 2018
- Harry Potter Trivia & Halloween Party at Liberty Station | Adults – Witches, wizards, and muggles alike can test their knowledge of all things Harry Potter when Liberty Station hosts trivia night with door prizes, a costume contest, and themed food and drinks. $30 per trivia team. 6pm.
- Ghosts & Grub at George Ranch Historical Park | Adults & Teen-friendly – Dine out and get spooked this Halloween as George Ranch Historical Park stays open late for its Ghosts & Grub event. Adults and children over 12 are invited to a themed meal, followed by a walking lantern tour with Texas-based ghost stories. $35. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Spooky Standup at The Secret Group | Adults – Catch the giggles when costumed comedians take the stage for a Halloween-themed stand-up comedy bit at The Secret Group. Costumes are welcome. Tickets start at $6. 7pm.
- Poltergeist Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | All Ages | FREE – Dare to watch a free screening of Steven Spielberg’s nightmare-inducing film from the 1980s, Poltergeist, at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7pm.
- Halloween Vinyl Night with Saint Arnold at MKT Bar in Downtown | Adults – Saint Arnold Brewing Company’s Chef Ryan Savoie spins turns, while vintage Pumpkinator and other Saint Arnold brews are tapped for a special Halloween soiree. No cover. 7pm to 10pm.
- All Hallows‘ Eve at The Cottonmouth Club in Downtown | Adults – Downtown’s favorite new haunt for high quality cocktails celebrates its first Halloween with an upstairs/downstairs cocktail-fueled bash. No cover for downstair entry; $99 for VIP tickets to upstairs hosted lounge. 8pm to midnight.
- Monster Mash at 3rd Floor in Midtown | Adults – Join Houston-area Texas A&M alumni at an all Hallow’s Eve costume party with prizes, a DJ, and more. No cover. 8pm to midnight.
- Numbers Halloween at Numbers Nightclub in Montrose | Adults – Dance and compete in (or just watch) a costume contest awarding more than $1,500 in cash and prizes. Cover TBD and will increase at 9pm. 8pm to 2:30am.
- Halloween: Dead Celebrity Karaoke Contest at The West End, A Public House in Uptown | Adults – Pay tribute to your favorite deceased celebrities and musicians by dressing up in costume and singing karaoke at The West End – A Public House. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Dead Man’s Party Halloween Dance Macabre at Houston Undrgrnd in the Warehouse District | Adults – DJ Shane Black spins dark ’80s tracks at costumes-encouraged dance party in Downtown’s Warehouse District. $5 until 11pm; $10 after. 9pm to 2am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).