Show off your costumes at the many sweet and a few maybe scary family-friendly Halloween events around Houston in 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2018
Help your kids with their face paint, makeup, costumes, masks, and wigs and then take them out to trick-or-treat or walk with them through a haunted house in celebration of the scariest holiday of the year. Whether you’re looking for tricks or treats, these spooky events in Houston are fun for the whole family.
If you’re looking for a 21 and over experience, check out our collection of Halloween events, parties, pub crawls, festivals and pop-ups for adults.
Kid-Friendly Halloween 2018 Events in Houston
- Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo | Friday, October 26 to Sunday, October 28 – Bring your little pumpkins to the Zoo for photos in the pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating, costume parades and more. Entrance to Zoo Boo is included with Zoo admission. Times vary.
- Haunted House at The Museum of Natural Science Sugar Land | Friday, October 26 and Saturday, October 27 – The Museum of Natural Science in Sugar Land stays open after hours for their annual family-friendly Haunted House. Best for those 7 years of age and up. Tickets are $5 for members; $10 for non-members. 7pm to 10pm each night.
- Fall Festival at Dewberry Farm | Saturday, October 27 and Sunday, October 28 – Dewberry Farm in Brookshire hosts their 17th Annual Fall Festival every weekend in October. Bring the kids to snap pics at their pumpkin patch and enjoy games, live entertainment, a fireworks show and more. Tickets start at $31.82 for admission to the farm. Saturday 10am; Sunday 11am.
Friday, October 26, 2018
- Hocus Pocus Movie Screening at Magnolia Garden Park – Bring your blankets and chairs for a spooky screening of Disney’s Hocus Pocus at Magnolia Garden Park. Other activities include games, food trucks, a costume contest and more. Tickets start at $9.99. 6pm to 11pm.
- Scream on the Green at Discovery Green | FREE – Have a spooky good time at this costume contest and Halloween celebration for the whole family at Discovery Green. There will be prizes, a movie, music, games and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation Movie Screening at Memorial City | FREE – Bring the whole family for an outdoor screening of Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation on the Square at Memorial City. 7pm to 9pm.
Saturday, October 27, 2018
- Halloween Classic Car Show at National Museum of Funeral History – Get into the Halloween spirit while checking out more than 150 cars at the 11th Annual Halloween Car Show at the National Museum of Funeral History. A variety of cars will be featured, including a few hearses, making for a very lively event featuring a live DJ, silent auction, great food from local vendors, kids activities and more. $3 for individuals; $5 for couples and families. 10am to 3pm.
- The Woodlands Oktoberfest at Town Green Park | FREE – The Woodlands community hosts their Oktoberfest with live music, food trucks, a kids zone, trick or treat and more at Town Green Park. 11am to 10pm.
Sunday, October 28, 2018
- Halloween Town at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Little ghosts and goblins are welcomed to Sugar Land’s annual family-friendly Halloween Town. Festivities will include a costume contest, crafts and coloring stations, a scavenger hunt, photo stations, food and more. 2pm to 6pm.
- Trick or Treat Trail at Northshore Park | FREE – Spend a fun-filled afternoon with family at the annual Trick or Treat Trail at Northshore Park. Children can trick or treat from booth to booth and fill their bags with goodies from local vendors. This event also includes great strolling entertainment, inflatables, games, and costume contests. 3pm to 6pm.
- 19th Annual Halloween in the Park at Stevenson Park | FREE – Bring the little ones to trick or treat at the 19th Annual Halloween in the Park in Stevenson Park in Friendswood. 5pm to 7pm.
Monday, October 29, 2018
- Movie Night Mondays: Halloween Movie Screening at Heights Bier Garten | FREE – Heights Bier Garten screens the 1978 horror classic Halloween for their family-friendly Movie Night Mondays series. 7pm.
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Beetlejuice Movie Party at Alamo Drafthouse – Haunt along with the ghost with the most at this limited-engagement 30th Anniversary celebration and screening of Beetlejuice at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra. Tickets are $14. 7:30pm.
Halloween, October 31, 2018
- SpookTacular at The Woodlands Children’s Museum – Bring the little ones for a Halloween day filled with a special Monster Mash Boogie Bash, games, Tom’s Fun Band, art projects, Robert Terry Puppeteer and Magic with Professor Hughdini at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Tickets are $4 for members; $10 for nonmembers. 10am to 6pm.
- Halloween Trick-Or-Treat at CityCentre | FREE – Bring your little witches and wizards to CityCentre’s annual Trick-or-Treat event featuring a monster mash dance party with a live DJ and plenty of candy. 5pm to 8pm.
- Monster Mash Spooktacular at Memorial City | FREE – Get dressed in your best Halloween costume and trick or treat at Memorial City’s retailers for the 3rd annual Monster Mash Halloween Spooktacular. 5pm to 7pm.
- Trick or Treat at the 1838 Menard House | FREE – Galveston’s oldest residence, the 1838 Menard House, opens its gates for one night of ghostly fun and trick or treating. 5pm to 7pm.
- Trick or Treat Trail at Pearland Parks and Recreation | FREE – Trick-or-treaters of all ages can enjoy an evening filled with food trucks, inflatables, a costume contest, plenty of candy and more at Pearland Parks and Recreation. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- A Boo!chata Halloween at Midtown Park | FREE – Put on your costume for the Boo!chata Halloween celebration and enjoy music from Ill-Set Dee-J and A Sure Thing, food trucks, vendors, complimentary beer, wine sampling, face painting, raffle prizes, and a photo booth at Midtown Park. 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Kids Halloween Block Party at The Barking Pig | No Cover – Dress up in costume as The Barking Pig host their family-friendly Halloween block party in their parking lot filled with trick or treating, a bounce house and more. 6pm.
- Ghosts & Grub at George Ranch Historical Park – George Ranch Historical Park opens its doors after-hours for Ghosts & Grubs, a Halloween event for adults and children over 12. Have a delightfully spooky meal followed by a lantern walking tour of the Park, filled with unique Texas ghost stories. Tickets are $35 per person. 6:30pm to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).