Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, October 8 to Sunday, October 14, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2018
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, October 9 | FREE – Toddler Tuesdays, happening weekly this Fall, allow you to enjoy meaningful story time with your little ones followed by a morning of fun activities and crafts at Discovery Green. Each week is a different book. 10:30am.
- 40th Annual Houston Italian Festival | Thursday, October 11 to Sunday, October 14 – The Italian Cultural and Community Center of Houston presents the 40th annual Italian Festival, a four-day weekend celebration of Italian of food, culture, music, and dancing. Admission is free Thursday all day and Friday until 4pm. After 4pm on Friday admission is $8 for adults and free for children 12 and under for the rest of the weekend. Discounted admission tickets are available online for $6. Times vary.
- 10th Annual Houston Polish Harvest Festival in West Houston | Friday, October 12 to Sunday, October 14 – Based on the centuries-old Polish tradition of Dozynki, an end of harvest jubilee celebration, the Houston Polish Harvest Festival blends Polish traditions with modern entertainment for three days of food, drink, and fun. People from all backgrounds are invited. Tickets are $5 at the gate; free for ages 65 and up and for ages 12 and under. Times vary.
- Katy Rice Festival in Historic Downtown Katy | Friday, October 12 to Sunday, October 14 – The City of Katy is hosts the 2018 Katy Rice Festival, a family-friendly event featuring quality art and craft vendors, live music and food options, a beer garden, carnival, a rice cooking competition, and student arts competition. The Friday evening kickoff and Saturday morning parade are free for all. Tickets to the festival on Saturday and Sunday are $5; free for age 12 and under. Times vary.
- Stop, Drop & Roll Guinness World Record Attempt in League City | Friday, October 12 | FREE – League City is organizing an effort to break the Guinness World Records title for the largest Stop, Drop, and Roll event. The event will take place on the field of the Clear Creek ISD Challenger Columbia Stadium, following the Clear Springs and Clear Brook High School homecoming football game. 8:45pm to 10pm.
- 13th Annual Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas at Northshore Park | Saturday, October 13 – Race through a 5K or 10-mile course at the thirteenth annual Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas run. Other runs include a 10-mile Wheelchair Division and the One 4 Texas Kids’ Fun Run, all followed by a post-race party with food, music, and family-friendly fun. Registration starts at $35. 7am.
- 10th Annual Korean Festival Houston at Discovery Green | Saturday, October 13 | FREE – Drawing tens of thousands of visitors in the past, this outdoor festival will feature cultural presentations and live performances, traditional cuisine from Korean food vendors, interactive games, art and more. 10am to 7pm.
- Candy Crawl Model Home Tour at Harmony in Spring | Saturday, October 13 | FREE – Johnson Development hosts a Halloween-themed Candy Crawl through Harmony’s “boo-tiful” model homes in Spring. The fun and games start at the Thicket and then continue through Harmony’s 21 sweetly decorated, treat-filled model homes. Superheroes, princesses, masked wonders, and other costumed characters are welcomed. 11am to 2pm.
- 12th Annual KBR Kids Day at Guadalupe Plaza Park | Saturday, October 13 | FREE – Buffalo Bayou Partnership hosts the 12th annual KBR Kids Day at Guadalupe Plaza Park in the East End. Activity stations will include many hands-on activities from more 20 Houston nonprofit organization partners, pontoon boat tours, local entertainment and performers, Dia de los Muertos face painters, balloon artists, a rock climbing wall and more. 11am to 3pm.
- Art of Wining and Dining at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, October 13 – Stroll through the plaza and sample dishes from participating Town Square restaurants and shop at local artisan booths while enjoying music from Felix & Fingers, a dueling piano duo that will entertain you with an interactive, all request show for all ages. Tickets are $10; $25 for VIP. 4pm to 7pm.
- Bayou City Music Series presents Jazz in the Tre with Jason Moran in Concert at Emancipation Park | FREE – Acclaimed jazz pianist, composer, and Houston native, Jason Moran, headlines an all-ages, evening jazz concert in the Third Ward. Students from the HSPVA jazz program and Houston’s own Horace Grigsby open. 7pm to 9:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).