Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, October 1 to Sunday, October 7, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2018
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Storytime on the Square at Memorial City | Monday, October 1 | FREE – Join Ms. Jana Banana as she reads and acts out some of her favorite stories at Memorial City. 10am to 11:30am.
- MoonGarden Twilight Tours at Discovery Green | Monday, October 1 to Wednesday, October 3 | FREE – Learn all about Discovery Green’s latest art installation, MoonGarden at a guided tour with the creators themselves. Experience the 22 illuminated spheres with a tour guide with a one-hour look into the magic and making of MoonGarden. 7pm to 8pm each day.
- Pumpkin Decorating at The Backyard Grill | Wednesday, October 3 | FREE – Celebrate the beginning of Fall and bring the kiddos to decorate pumpkins at The Backyard Grill. 3pm to 6pm.
- The Original Greek Festival at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral | Thursday, October 4 to Sunday, October 7 – Feel the love of Greek culture at this annual family-friendly festival, where you’ll find traditional music and dancing, flowing wine, shopping opportunities, and authentic Greek eats, from souvlaki and spanakopita to pastitsio and baklava. Tickets are $5 at the gate (free on Friday before 3pm); children ages 12 and under get in free. Noon to 6pm.
- Family Friendly Haunted House at National Museum of Funeral History | Friday, October 5 to Sunday, October 7 – Get in to the Halloween spirit at the National Museum of Funeral History’s family-friendly haunted house. Explore the town of Dreadford Falls after a local nuclear power plant has melted down. $5 for adults; $3 for children 11 and under; tickets are half-price when purchased with museum admission. 10am to 4pm.
- Goodnight, Moon Pajama Party at Discovery Green | Friday, October 5 | FREE – Put on your comfiest pajamas as Discovery Green park hosts their Goodnight, Moon pajama party within their interactive MoonGarden art installation. The family-friendly event will feature celebrity readers sharing the beloved children’s book, Goodnight, Moon as well as milk and cookies and telescopes for star gazing. 7pm to 9pm.
- Pearland Art & Crafts at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, October 5 and Sunday, October 6 – Shop for original art, artisan wares, and custom-made goods at the 5th annual Pearland Art & Crafts on the Pavilion this fall. The free two-day event, produced by the Pearland Convention & Visitors Bureau, provides visitors and residents with great shopping opportunities, live music, and a variety of activities centered on art. 10am to 5pm each day.
- Celebration Seabrook 2018 at Meador Park | Saturday, October 6 – Join the City of Seabrook community and celebrate the best of coastal living and love for the bay at the 4th annual Celebration Seabrook at Meador Park. With over 3,000 attendees in the past, this family-friendly event will feature live music, gourmet food trucks, a Kid Activity Zone, artists, merchants, a dog fashion show and much more. $5 at the gate. 11am to 7:30pm.
- The Kids Oktober Festival at Czech Center Museum Houston | Saturday, October 6 – Celebrate Czech history with activities such as a puppet show, face-painting, balloon animals, a Kolache station and more entertainment at the Czech Center Museum Houston. Tickets are $5 for ages 12 and under; $8 for adults. Noon to 5pm.
- Family Concert at Levy Park | Saturday, October 6 | FREE – Bring the kids to sing and dance along with Prelude Music Classes at this Family Concert at Levy Park. 4:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).