Secure seats to these highly-anticipated live shows and concerts around Houston for the week of Monday, October 1 through Sunday, October 7, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2018
Local bands help to fill out a busy week of exciting shows around Houston. Elsewhere, Drake bids adieu to Houston after an epic three-show stay.
Top 9 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Dashboard Confessional, with All Time Low, Gnash at Revention Music Center | Monday, October 1 | CANCELED – Update 10/1/18: This show has been cancelled due to Dashboard frontman Chris Carrabba’s family emergency. Our thoughts and well wishes are with Chris Carrabba and his family at this time. Refunds are available at point of purchase. For two decades, Dashboard Confessional has been one of the mainstream faces of the emo genre throughout the 2000s. With their first release in nine years, Crooked Shadows, Dashboard returns to the charts and stages around the world. Tickets start at $36.
- Drake, with Migos at Toyota Center | Tuesday, October 2 – The final night of a three-show team-up between Drake and Atlanta-based Migos rounds out an unforgettable series of performances. Tickets range from $59.50 to $229.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- Goo Goo Dolls at House of Blues | Tuesday, October 2 – Celebrating the 20th anniversary of their landmark release, Dizzy Up the Girl, Goo Goo Dolls arrive in Houston to perform the album in its entirety as part of a supersized set along with more of their catchy hits. Tickets range from $49.50 to $79.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
- Jay Rock, with Reason at Warehouse Live (Studio) | Tuesday, October 2 – A member of the collaborative hip-hop group, Black Hippy (which also features Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, and Ab-Soul), Jay Rock has found personal success through three studio releases. His third, Redemption, has racked up accolades and sent him on a tour that features a stop here in town. Tickets are $20 in advance; $25 on the day of the show. 8pm.
- The Tontons, with Say Girl Say at Discovery Green | Thursday, October 4 | FREE – Local indie rockers The Tontons appear at the free Thursday concert series in Discovery Green. This event is open to the public and attendees are welcome to bring lawn chairs, blankets, and picnics. 7pm.
- J Balvin at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, October 4 – Colombian reggaeton superstar J Balvin blew up this summer with “I Like It”, a collaboration with Cardi B and Bad Bunny. Tickets range from $39.95 to $350, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- The Voidz at The Heights Theater | Saturday, October 6 – Fronted by The Strokes’ lead singer, Julian Casablancas, The Voidz have been touring on their recent release, Virtue, which drew overwhelming critical acclaim and has given the band a distinctive voice. Tickets start at $28. 7pm.
- Wild Moccasins, with Vodi and John Allen Stephens at Satellite Bar | Saturday, October 6 – Houston’s very own Wild Moccasins perform songs from their widely acclaimed latest album, Look Together, at Satellite Bar. Houston-based Vodi and JOhn Allen Stephens opens. Tickets are $12 8pm.
- Alejandro Fernandez & Los Tigres Del Norte at Toyota Center | Sunday, October 7 – Mariachi superstar performers Alejandro Fernandez and Los Tigres del Norte have combined to sell more than 60 million records. Their recent collaboration has resulted in yet another hit in 2018 with “Para Sacarte De Mi Vida”. Tickets range from $61 to $181, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides. Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week). Click here to sign up for free.