Circle these dates on your calendar for our top picks of can’t-miss live music and concerts in Houston for October 2018.
Also in October 2018
Happening This Week
Drake wraps up his extended Houston stay, and the Nobel Laureate Bob Dylan drops in for a rare performance.
Elsewhere, local bands Wild Moccasins and the album-releasing Buxton offer plenty more to celebrate this October.
Top 9 Concerts & Live Shows This Month: October 2018
- Drake, with Migos at Toyota Center | Tuesday, October 2 – The final night of a three-show team-up between Drake and Atlanta-based Migos rounds out an unforgettable series of performances. Tickets range from $59.50 to $229.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- ROCO Unchambered: Mind Games at MATCH | Saturday, October 6 – Sit back and enjoy Mind Games, an interactive performance from ROCO Unchambered, and composed by Richard Lavenda at MATCH in Midtown. While ROCO trumpeter Joe Foley and percussionist Matt McClung play off of each other’s music, the audience can influence the direction of the piece by voting on their phones throughout the show. Tickets are $25. 5pm.
- Wild Moccasins, with Vodi and John Allen Stephens at Satellite Bar | Saturday, October 6 – Houston’s very own Wild Moccasins perform songs from their widely acclaimed latest album, Look Together, at Satellite Bar. Houston-based Vodi and John Allen Stephens will open the show. Tickets are $12 8pm.
- Alejandro Fernandez & Los Tigres Del Norte at Toyota Center | Sunday, October 7 – Mariachi superstar performers Alejandro Fernandez and Los Tigres del Norte have combined to sell more than 60 million records. Their recent collaboration has resulted in yet another hit in 2018 with “Para Sacarte De Mi Vida”. Tickets range from $61 to $181, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8pm.
- Alice Cooper at White Oak Music Hall | Sunday, October 14 – The beloved heavy metal icon returns to Houston for a show in support of his 2017 release, Paranormal. Tickets range from $45 to $75, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork resale market. 6:30pm.
- Bob Dylan And His Band at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, October 14 – The legendary singer-songwriter (and recent Nobel Prize Laureate) arrives for a rare Houston performance following his 2017 release, Triplicate. Tickets range from $59.50 to $129.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Buxton, with Claire Morales, Casey Magic at The Heights Theater | Friday, October 19 – After a three-year delay, local musicians Buxton are celebrating the release of Stay Out Late. The Americana sounds fans are familiar with have begun to evolve along with the evocative songwriting of frontman Sergio Trevino. Tickets range from $18 to $256. 7pm.
- Josh Groban, with Idina Menzel at Toyota Center | Tuesday, October 23 – Multi-platinum singer, songwriter, and global superstar Josh Groban returns to Houston, along with Idina Menzel — the vocalist that provided the singing voice for Elsa in Disney’s Frozen. Tickets range from $39 to $199.50 but you may find cheaper or better seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8pm.
- Ghostland Observatory, with GIBBZ at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, October 27 – The Austin-based electro-dance group provides a performance filled to the brim with infectious energy and irresistible dance rhythms. Tickets are $35. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).