Make the most of your week with our top 8 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, September 24 to Sunday, September 30, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2018
Top 8 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Kidtastic on The Square: Puppet Show & Workshop at Memorial City Mall | Wednesday, September 26 | FREE – Stop by The Square for Memorial City’s interactive children’s-focused event series, Kidtastic. This weeks theme is a puppet show and a puppet-making workshop. 10am to 11:30am.
- Lego Read and Build at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Wednesday, September 26 – Bring the kiddos for a short story time and building compatible activities with Lego blocks and accessories at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. This event is best for ages 3 to 6. Included with general admission to the museum. 11:30am.
- Friday Market at FM Kitchen and Bar | Friday, September 28 | FREE – Experience a uniquely Houston market that showcases local artists and food vendors at FM Kitchen and Bar’s weekly Friday Market. 11am to 2pm.
- Family Movie Night: Movie Screening of Annie at Levy Park | Friday, September 28 | FREE – Treat the family to a free movie this Friday night when Levy Park presents the new take on a classic Broadway musical, Annie, starring Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz. 7:30pm.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, September 28 | FREE – Get to know everyone’s favorite scruffy-looking nerf herder smuggler, Han Solo in the prequel adventure Solo: A Star Wars Story on the Square at Memorial City. 8pm to 10pm.
- OutRun Hunger 5K at Harvest Green | Saturday, September 29 – Join the fight against hunger as Harvest Green hosts their very first OutRun Hunger 5K Family Walk and Run. The 5K will benefit the East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry (EFBHNM), a local non-profit that provides assistance to families and individuals during times of temporary financial crisis. Tickets range from $15 to $30. On-site registration begins at 7:45am. The kids run starts at 8:30am, followed by the 5K at 9am.
- Bollywood Boogie at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, September 29 | FREE – Delight in a colorful performance by Rhythm India Bollywood Dance Co. as they dance to Bollywood music in vibrant Indian costumes. During the show, you can also check out henna and face-painting stations. 7pm to 8:30pm.
- MoonGarden Opening Night at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 29 | FREE –Marvel at 22 illuminated spheres located in and around Discovery Green, transforming the area into an ethereal moonscape at the art installation, MoonGarden. The installation will kick off with an opening night featuring a performance by Cirque la Vie, and a screening of the 1988 film, Moonstruck. 7pm to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).