Indulge your tastebuds as Houston’s own Chef David Cordúa launches his new YUM DMC pop-up dinner series with a cocktail pairing dinner featuring French spirits at Bar Boheme on Thursday, September 27, 2018.
The special one-night only meal will be hosted in Boheme’s beautiful private room, located in the house immediately to the right of the bar’s entrance.
Lucky attendees will enjoy a delicious, five-course meal, with each course paired with a cocktail made with fabulous French spirits and liquors.
Although Cordúa is often associated with Latin cuisine, he is no stranger to French dishes, desserts, and drinks. He earned Les Grand Diplômes in Cuisine and Pastry from the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu in Paris in 2005.
During his training in France, he also learned the foundations of cooking while working at La Tour d’Argent, one of Paris’ oldest restaurants, along with neighborhood bistro L’Auberge Brassane and a local pizzeria.
The Five-Course Pairing Menu
- First Course – Doughnut holes with chicken liver mousse and smoked paprika; paired with Gray Goose Framboise Fizz.
- Second Course – Baklava lamb ribs with phyllo, honey, and pistachio; paired with Gabriel Bourdier Saffron Kin Bees Knees.
- Third Course – Sugar cane grilled shrimp with achiote, coconut beurre blanc, crispy onion, and basmati rice; paired with Trios Riviere Ocean Daiquiri with rhubarb bitters.
- Fourth Course – Petite filet with blue cheese fondue, arugula, and castelvetrano olive; paired with a Grey Goose martini.
- Fifth Course – Vietnamese coffee creme brûlée, paired with Bache Gabrielsen American Oak Cognac milk punch.
YUM DMC’s French Spirits Discovery Pairing Dinner at Bar Boheme
- Date: Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Time: Cocktail reception at 6:30pm. Seated dinner at 7pm.
- Location: Bar Boheme, 307 Fairview Street, Houston, TX 77006
- Admission: Tickets are $78 and include the dinner and paired drinks. Click here to order tickets or for more information.