Clink your glass of vino at the 40th Houston Italian Festival, taking place at the University of Saint Thomas on Thursday, October 11 through Sunday, October 14, 2018.
Entering its 40th year, the Houston Italian Festival has cemented its place as a significant cultural event, celebrating Italian culture and heritage in the city.
For this special year, the 2018 Houston Italian Festival unites under the theme of “One Community, Many Cultures” to celebrate the diversity of Houston and Texas as a whole.
People from all backgrounds and walks of life are welcome to join together for a weekend connected by a love for Italian culture, traditions, food, and live music.
Live Music Performances
This year’s stage welcomes the live performances of DJ Italia, the Fab 5 (a Beatles tribute band), Amanda Pascali and The Family, the Houston International Folk Dancing group, the Tarantellas Italian Folk dance group, the nation’s top Italian tenor Aaron Caruso, Radio Live of Houston and demonstrations by the Scuola Di Fabris Historical Duelist Corps.
The Houston Italian Festival offers a diverse set of activities throughout the weekend for all ages.
Festival-goers can see film screenings, marionette puppet shows, interactive sidewalk art (produced live by featured artist Carol Wells), and Sunday’s classic car show.
Elsewhere on the grounds, guests can take part in cooking classes for children, wine and craft beer tastings, Italian language classes, pasta eating contests, grape stomps, and a Bocce ball tournament.
About the ICCC Houston
The ICCC is a not for profit 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to advance, celebrate and preserve Italian heritage and culture for all Houstonians to enjoy. As Houston’s leading authority for all things Italian, the ICCC is proud to educate Houstonians about Italian culture, history and heritage.
40th Houston Italian Festival
- Dates: Thursday, October 11 through Sunday, October 14, 2018
- Times: Thursday, 5pm to 10pm; Friday & Saturday, 11am to 10pm; Sunday, 11am to 6pm
- Location: University of Saint Thomas, 3800 Montrose Blvd, Houston, TX 77006
- Parking: Garage parking and surface lots are available in the surrounding area. No Parking zones on side streets are in effect for this event. Click here for detailed information on parking.
- Admission: Free on Thursday and Friday until 4pm; $8 for adults, free for children 12 and under thereafter. Click here to purchase tickets for admission, activities, food and beverages.
This article was sponsored by the Italian Cultural & Community Center Houston. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.