Root, root, root for the home team at these games and sports events around Houston for the week of Monday, September 17 through Sunday, September 23, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2018
The University of Houston plays host to a couple of this week’s biggest sports events, while the Astros look to secure a division championship and offer up replica World Series rings to fans in attendance.
Top 6 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners at Minute Maid Park | Monday, September 17 – As the season winds down, the Astros look to stay atop the AL West, and a win over the Mariners might help secure top of the division. This also marks the final replica World Series Champions ring giveaway for all fans in attendance. Tickets start at $50 and are expected to sell out, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- The Ultimate Tailgate Party, featuring Houston Texans’ D.J. Reader at Your Pie | Tuesday, September 18 – The starting defensive tackle for the Texans, D.J. Reader, makes an appearance at Your Pie in downtown for a night of mingling, feasting, and raffling for prizes. Tickets are $25 and includes a pizza, a beer (provided by Saint Arnold), and automatic entry to a raffle that could net you a pizza party with Reader and 20 of your friends. Admission is limited to 100 people so act fast to purchase tickets. 7pm to 9pm.
- Texas Southern Tigers vs. University of Houston Cougars at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, September 22 – The Third Ward gets a rivalry game with Texas Southern University traveling down the street to play the new-look Cougars. Tickets for this game start at $18, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
- Houston Texans vs. New York Giants at NRG Stadium | Sunday, September 23 – Week 3 of the new NFL season brings the Texans home for the first time to face the New York Giants. Tickets for this Sunday afternoon range from $60 to over $480, but you might also spot better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, September 23 – The final home game of the regular season means it’s Fan Appreciation Day at Minute Maid. An Astros team photo and 2019 schedule poster will be handed out to the first 10,000 fans, as well as other events celebrating the fans of the World Champion Astros. Tickets range from $16 to over $140, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 1:10pm.
- Run Houston! University of Houston 10K/5K/1K | Sunday, September 23 – The Run Houston series is designed to offer fun and competitive running courses in five different areas of Houston, to help showcase the city’s different regions. This edition runs through the University of Houston, and you can register for a race event from $30 to $50, depending on the length of the course. 7am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).