Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, September 19 to Sunday, September 23, 2018.
Happening This Week
Top Shows & Concerts This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Also in September 2018
Top 12 Plays & Arts Performances
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- After Dark at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Explore the permanent halls as well as the special exhibits Houston Museum of Natural Science after hours while sipping on a drink from the cash bar at the After Dark event. Tickets range from $15 to $25. The museum will remain open until 9pm.
- Wine Down Wednesday at FM Kitchen and Bar | No Cover – Head to FM Kitchen and Bar every Wednesday for cheap wine all day and some live acoustic music all night from Tom Lynch and Haley Lynch of the local band VODI. Live music begins at 6:30pm. 11am to 8:30pm.
- Painting with Pinot’s Palette at Main Street Square – Take an Autumn Colors-themed painting class with the artists of Pinot’s Palette at Main Street Square in Downtown. Tickets are $22 per person. 5:30pm.
- Wednesday Night Steak Night at West Alabama Ice House – West Alabama Ice House hosts a Steak Night where you can choose from an 8 oz. filet or 12 oz. ribeye with a loaded baked potato and mixed green salad. Cost of the dinner is $18. 7pm.
- Bingo Night at Mellow Mushroom | No Cover – Enjoy drink specials, pizza, and prizes while playing a game of bingo at Mellow Mushroom. 7pm.
- Game of Thrones Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Claim the iron throne and show off your knowledge of the hit HBO series, Games of Thrones at Under the Radar Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Smiile at Satellite Bar – Catch a show from the Austin-based indie rock band Smiile at Satellite Bar in the East End. The Millbrook Estates, India Tigers in Texas, and Pearl Crush open the show. Tickets are $10. 8pm.
Thursday, September 20, 2018
- 19th Street Third Thursdays Sip & Stroll | No Cover – Shop at the 19th Street Heights boutiques and enjoy complimentary cocktails in store plus monthly features during the Sip & Stroll event. 5pm to 9pm.
- Happy Hour with Beetle in Concert at The Continental Club | No Cover – Hear your favorite Beatles songs every Thursday evening with the tribute band, Beetle at The Continental Club. 7pm to 10pm.
- Thursday Night Concerts: David Lee Garza at Discovery Green | FREE – Discovery Green’s Thursday Night Concert series kicks off with a performance by Texas Tejano legend David Lee Garza, with an opening tropical dance party by DJ collective Bombón. 7pm to 9pm.
- Three Women and The Truth at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Three Women and The Truth, a trio of accomplished, richly talented, multiple awards winning female songwriters take the stage at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. There will be a show at 7pm and 9:30pm. Tickets are $30 in advance; $35 at the door. 7pm.
- Wild ‘N Out Live Concert Experience at Toyota Center – Watch the successful MTV series, Wild N’ Out, come to life on the stage at Toyota Center in Downtown. Along with an appearance from the show’s host, Nick Cannon, you can expect stand-up bits by the show’s cast, interactive game segments, and musical numbers by featured guest Trippie Redd. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- School of Rock Movie Screening at 8th Wonder Brewery – Enjoy an evening full of beer and film and see Richard Linklater’s hilarious 2003 comedy, School of Rock, starring Jack Black at 8th Wonder Brewery. 7:30pm.
- Jade Bird in Concert White Oak Music Hall – Singer-songwriter Jade Bird performs at White Oak Music Hall with openers Field Report. Tickets are $14. 8pm.
Friday, September 21, 2018
- Evening Market at Great Heights Brewing Company | No Cover – Enjoy a collection of Houston’s craft pop up vendors every Friday evening at Great Heights Brewing Company. 5pm.
- Singo Bingo at Little Woodrow’s on Shepherd | No Cover – Play along during a game that is a little ‘name that song’ mixed with bingo for prizes at Little Woodrow’s on Shepherd. 7pm to 9pm.
- Glow Up: Music Yoga Party at The Pop Up Place – Melanin Yoga Project presents Glow Up Houston, a night of glow in the dark yoga with a live DJ, tribal paint, food trucks, and drinks. Donations are accepted. 7pm to 10pm.
- Dierks Bentley in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Dust off your cowboy boots for a country concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Headliner Dierks Bentley is joined by supporting acts Brothers Osborne and Lanco. Tickets start at $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Meg Myers in Concert House of Blues – Alternative rock singer-songwriter Meg Myers performs at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start $36. 8pm.
- Mars Attacks! Movie Screening at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – City Acre Brewing Co. hosts a screening of the 1996 sci-fi movie, Mars Attacks! along with $6 drive-in burgers and Vigo Russian Imperial Stout milkshakes. 8:30pm.
- Grum at Spire Houston – Electronic artist, DJ, and producer Grum spins at the Spire nightclub in Downtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
- 54 at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Boogie over to Prohibition Theatre and get down with Houston’s brightest stars, The Moonlight Dolls, for the party of your life. This one-hour show is followed by two hours of disco dancing. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 11pm.
Saturday, September 22, 2018
- Menil Collection Reopening Celebration | FREE – Celebrate the Menil Collection’s grand reopening, following a seven-month hiatus to reinstall its permanent collection. Along with plenty of artistic eye candy, you’ll find food trucks, live music, and as always, free admission. 11am to 7pm.
- Woodforest Craft Fest in Montgomery | No Cover – Woodforest Craft Fest in Montgomery will showcase 20 local and regional breweries who will roll out their kegs and serve up free beer samples to adults 21 and up. There will be live music by Sick Duck, Louis Adams Band, and Travis Lance, along with many family- and kid-friendly activities. Noon to 6pm.
- Oktoberfest in the Heights | No Cover – Celebrate Oktoberfest at the Little Woodrow’s in the Heights parking lot with traditional foods, beer, music, and Wiener dog races. Noon.
- Saint Arnold Midtown Pub Crawl | No Cover – Have a few craft beers when Saint Arnold host their Midtown Pub Crawl with participating bars Front Porch Pub, Christian’s Tailgate, Little Woodrow’s and more. 2pm to 6pm.
- Whiskies of the World at Silver Street Studios – Experience the art of whiskey at the 2018 Whiskies of the World Expo at Silver Street Studios. As one of the largest whiskey tasting events in the nation, Whiskies of the World gathers more than 200 of the most fascinating distilled spirits from around the globe, along with their makers and ambassadors, to offers guests an unforgettable evening. General admission tickets are $120; VIP tickets are $145. 5pm to 9pm.
- Rob Lowe at Revention Music Center – Actor Rob Lowe brings his one-man show, Stories I Only Tell My Friends, to the Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $59. 7pm to 9pm.
- Tiger Jaw in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Rock out to the pop-punk sounds of Tiger Jaw at White Oak Music Hall along with openers The Sidekicks, and Cave People. Tickets start at $16. 7pm to 10pm.
- Childish Gambino in Concert at Toyota Center – Toyota Center welcomes the Grammy-, Golden Globe- and Emmy-winning artist Donald Glover’s Childish Gambino to Downtown. Tickets range from $49.50 to $129.50, before ticketing fees, but you may find cheaper of better seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8pm to 10pm.
- Tim Allen at Smart Financial Centre – Stand up comedian and star of the hit sitcom Home Improvement, Tim Allen takes the stage at Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land. Tickets start at $70. 8pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant Theatre Company’s immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11pm.
Sunday, September 23, 2018
- Houston Jerk Fest at India House – Caribbean music meets food and fun at the Houston Jerk Fest. The festival will feature a jerk cook-off competition, concert from Grammy-nominated artist Mr. Vegas, food and drink vendors, kids zone, family-friendly activities and more. Tickets are $20 for general admission and $100 for VIP. 2pm to 10pm.
- RetroSunday: Super Smash 64 & Diddy Kong Racing Tourney at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Take part in a video game tournament featuring childhood favorites like Super Smash 64 and Diddy Kong Racing at Eureka Heights Brew Co. 2pm to 6pm.
- Andrew W.K. in Concert White Oak Music Hall – Experience a show from the “Party Hard” singer, Andrew W.K. at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $20. 7pm.
- Suspiria Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse – Celebrate the power and the beauty (and the terror) of Suspiria with this new stunning 4K restoration of the Dario Argento classic at Alamo Drafthouse La Centerra. Tickets are $10.83. 9pm.
- Platform Disco Sunday Night Fever at The Flat | No Cover – The Flat hosts a Sunday night with a collective of DJs playing rare cuts, b-sides and new edits of disco, funk, boogie, underground, and classic house. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.