Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, September 10 to Sunday, September 16, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2018
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Party on the Plaza at Discovery Green | Thursday, September 13 | FREE – Catch a free concert from local and regional talent when Discovery Green transforms into a Party on the Plaza. 7pm to 10pm.
- Friday Market at FM Kitchen and Bar | Friday, September 14 | FREE – Experience a uniquely Houston market that showcases local artists and food vendors at FM Kitchen and Bar’s weekly Friday Market. 11am to 2pm.
- Fandemic Comic Convention at NRG Center | Friday, September 14 to Sunday, September 16 – Geek out will fellow fans when the Fandemic Comic Con Tour, a comic pop culture convention experience, makes its Houston debut at NRG Center. The three-day entertainment extravaganza celebrates all things pop culture with celebrities, artists, illustrators, professional and amateur cosplayers, vendors and exhibitors with programming and panel discussions. Prices and times vary per day.
- Backyard Jams: Acid Carousel & Small Chair in Concert at Market Square Park | Friday, September 14 | FREE – Kick back on the lawn, play a round of cornhole, sip on local brewskis from Saint Arnold Brewing Company, and enjoy a concert from Acid Carousel and Small Chair at Market Square Park. 7pm to 10pm.
- Family Capoeira Class at Midtown Park | Saturday, September 15 | FREE – Bring the whole family and enjoy a Capoeira class together at Midtown Park. Students will learn the physical art, as well as how to play music on a variety of instruments used in the roda, or circle, between two players; and to sing and speak in Portuguese. 10am.
- Fit & Fun Fair at Grand Central Park | Saturday, September 15 | FREE – Work up a sweat in a goat yoga, zumba or boot camp class during the Fit & Fun Fair at Grand Central Park. With a mission to promote health and wellness, the outdoor fair offers free health screenings, guest speakers, kids activities, food trucks, and live music. 10am to 2pm.
- The Woodlands Oktoberfest at Town Green Park | Saturday, September 15 | FREE – The Woodlands community hosts their Oktoberfest with live music, food trucks, a kids zone and more at Town Green Park. 11am to 11pm.
- Texas Taco Music Fest at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 15 – The Texas Taco Music Fest reboots as Texas Taco Mania at Discovery Green in Downtown, offering a unique celebration of fun, food, music, and Latin culture. Tickets start at $15. Noon to 9pm.
- Disney’s Alice In Wonderland Jr. at Playhouse 1960 | Saturday, September 15 and Sunday, September 16 – Travel down the rabbit hole with Alice, as Playhouse 1960 presents Disney’s Alice In Wonderland Jr. Featuring updated songs from Disney’s thrilling animated motion picture, this production of Alice in Wonderland Jr. is a fast-paced take on the classic tale. Tickets start at $10. 3pm each day.
- Galveston Family Beach Challenge at Stewart Beach | Sunday, September 16 | FREE – Giant battleships, huge bean bags, and limbo showdowns are coming to Stewart Beach for the return of the Galveston Family Beach Challenge. The challenge will transform a portion of Stewart Beach into a giant obstacle course, allowing families to compete in life-size versions of classic games. 11am to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).