Act quickly to secure seats at these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston for the week of Monday, September 10 through Sunday, September 16, 2018.
Punk rock legends and award-winning International musicians take the stage this month in venues across Houston.
Over at NRG Stadium, a certain power couple plays back-to-back performances in what might be the most anticipated show of the year.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2018
Top 11 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Miguel, with DVSN, Nonchalant Savant at Revention Music Center | Monday, September 10 – Gracing the stage with a powerful presence, Miguel blends R&B, funk, soul, hip-hop, and rock seamlessly. In 2018, his performances and critically acclaimed albums have brought him huge commercial success. Tickets range from $33 to over $75, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Rise Against, with AFI, Anti-Flag at Revention Music Center | Wednesday, September 12 – A major triple bill of punk rock hits Downtown’s Revention Music Center, with Rise Against headlining in support of their 2017 release, Wolves. They’ll be joined by the influential AFI and Anti-Flag. Tickets range from $51 to $120. 6pm.
- The Verve Pipe, with Andrew James Band at The Heights Theater | Thursday, September 13 – With a reputation for spectacular live performances, the multi-platinum alternative rock band The Verve Pipe are recognized worldwide for their radio hits “Photograph”, “Hero”, “Happiness Is”, “Never Let You Down”, and their No.1 hit single “The Freshmen”. The Andrew James Band opens. Tickets range from $20 to $352. 8pm.
- Al Di Meola at The Heights Theater | Friday, September 14 – The famed jazz guitarist arrives to the Heights for a performance touting his newest release, Opus, from February 2018. Tickets range from $34 to $150. 7pm.
- The Soundtrack of the Gulf at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, September 15 – Taking place at The Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park, The Soundtrack of the Gulf invites the public to revel in the diverse blend of genres, singers, and styles that call the third coast home. Jazz and blues vocalist Annika Chambers, soul singer Archie Bell, and Zydeco accordionist C.J. Chenier are slated to perform. This is a free show and attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or lawn chairs for seating. Local market opens at 6pm, with live music following at 7pm.
- Social Distortion, with Valley Queen at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, September 15 – With forty years of punk rock shows under their belt, Social Distortion is still going strong, with a rumored eighth studio album coming down the pipeline. You can see these punk legends at White Oak Music Hall with a ticket for $40. 7pm.
- St. Paul & The Broken Bones, with Black Pumas at House of Blues | Saturday, September 15 – Just a week after releasing their third studio album, Young Sick Camelia, St. Paul & The Broken Bones bring a set showcasing their latest effort with some old favorites sprinkled throughout. Tickets range from $30 to $49.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online market. 7pm.
- A.R. Rahman at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, September 15 – Hear a selection of refined, contemporary Indian music during a concert by Academy Award-winner A.R. Rahman at Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $55, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- The Crystal Method at Warehouse Live (Studio) | Saturday, September 15 – One of the pioneering electronica duos, The Crystal Method has been churning out thumping rhythms since 1993. Tickets are $19 advance; $22 day of show. 9pm.
- Beyoncé & Jay-Z at NRG Stadium | Saturday, September 15 and Sunday, September 16 – Following the surprise album release of Everything Is Love, the Carters have reemerged for their next collaborative world tour, dubbed the On the Run II Tour. Featuring a double-date weekend engagement in Houston, hometown fans will get an extra chance to show Queen Bey some love. Tickets range from $79 to over $320, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Chayanne at Toyota Center | Sunday, September 16 – Chayanne, the renowned Puerto Rican and Latin pop singer, returns to the scene with his new tour, Desde El Alma. His unique blend of powerful romantic ballads and pop tracks has won the hearts of many a fan at each of his shows. Tickets range from $61 to $151 but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).