Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, September 3 to Sunday, September 9, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2018
Watch a heated soccer game between Mexico and Uruguay, get your fill of tacos and tequila, cast a spell at a Harry Potter-themed bar crawl, win $50K in a TopGolf tournament, travel back to the era of Patsy Cline during an outdoor stage play and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Rebels, Raiders, & Superman: A Tribute to John Williams at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Tuesday, September 4 | FREE – Hear some of Hollywood’s most memorable movie scores, including those from Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and Indiana Jones, when the Houston Symphony pays tribute to composer John Williams at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. 8pm.
- Fall Preview at Glasscock School of Continuing Studies | Wednesday, September 5 | FREE – Learn about the many courses and programs the Glasscock School has to offer and enjoy free mini-lectures and workshop overviews by Rice faculty and community instructors at Rice University. 3pm to 7pm.
- Wine, Women & Shoes at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott | Thursday, September 6 – Honor those who’ve been affected by breast cancer at Wine, Women & Shoes in The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. During the event, breast cancer survivors, their family members, and medical personnel will strut down the runway wearing name brands, such as Kendra Scott, Lucho, and Marmi, while guests sip wine and shop the latest trends. Tickets start at $100. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- Alice in Chains in Concert at Revention Music Center | Friday, September 7 – Rock out at a concert by heavy metal group Alice in Chains when they head to Houston’s Revention Music Center. Tickets are $55, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Friday Market at FM Kitchen and Bar | Friday, September 7 | No Cover – Discover your new favorite source of local art, jewelry, beauty products, and produce in this daytime market at FM Kitchen and Bar. 11am to 2pm.
- Mexico vs. Uruguay at NRG Stadium | Friday, September 7 – Root for the Mexican National or Uruguayan soccer team when the two go head to head in a game at NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $36, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online market. 8:30pm.
- Zedd in Concert at Stereo Live | Friday, September 7 – Dance the night away to top hits like “Stay” and “Clarity” when Grammy Award-winning DJ Zedd takes the stage at Stereo Live. Tickets start at $70, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online market. 10pm to 2am.
- 30th Anniversary Production of Always…Patsy Cline at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, September 7 and Saturday, September 8| FREE – See a performance of one of Stages Repertory Theatre’s most popular shows, Always… Patsy Cline, as the company celebrate its 30th anniversary at Miller Outdoor Theatre. The play follows a surprising friendship between country singer Patsy Cline and a devoted Houston fan. 8pm both nights.
- The Texas Taco, Tequila, and Margarita Festival at Heritage Park in Conroe | Saturday, September 8 – Indulge in seemingly endless tacos, tequila, and margaritas at this annual festival in Conroe’s Heritage Park. Featuring live music from local bands Los Skarnales, Piñata Protest, and a Selena Tribute, The Texas Taco, Tequila, and Margarita Festival also offers a kids’ zone for family-friendly fun. Tickets start at $10. Noon to midnight.
- University of Houston Cougars vs. Arizona Wildcats at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, September 8 – Watch as the Cougars take the field to play Arizona at TDECU. Tickets start at $24. 11am.
- Expecto Bar Crawl in Downtown | Saturday, September 8 – Gather your wands, owls, and broomsticks, and fly downtown to this Harry Potter-themed bar crawl. All participating witches and wizards will receive access to themed drink specials, a souvenir cup, a lanyard, and a magic wand, along with other surprise gifts. Tickets start at $25. 3pm to 9pm.
- Hip-Hop Orchestra in Houston at Stude Concert Hall | Saturday, September 8 – Take a seat for Thee Phantom & The Illharmonic Orchestra in Hip-Hop Orchestra, a unique concert that joins strings, horns, a pianist, a female soul vocalist, a DJ, and a Maestro/MC for a sound like no other. $20. 7pm to 9pm.
- TopGolf Tour Houston Tournament | Sunday, September 9 – Prove your golfing skills for the chance to win $50,000 in the Topgolf Tour Houston Tournament. The winning two-person team will advance to the championship game, which includes a trip to Las Vegas with VIP treatment. $85. 8am.
- Beer & Cheese Tasting at Saint Arnold Brewing | Sunday, September 9 – Do Sunday right with handcrafted beers and Texas-made cheeses from the Houston Dairymaids at Saint Arnold Brewing. As you taste, you’ll learn about the cheeses and beers straight from the source. $30. 2pm to 4pm.
- Woke (But Needing a Nap) Comedy Show at Firehouse Saloon | Sunday, September 9 – Laugh it up at a comedic showcase featuring three stand-up comedians: one from the Deep South and one each from the East and West coasts. $12. 7pm to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).