Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Labor Day, Monday, September 3 to Sunday, September 9, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2018
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Final Summer Adventure at Lone Star Flight Museum | Labor Day, Monday, September 3 – Spend Labor Day Weekend enjoying aircraft-themed activities with the whole family at the Lone Star Flight Museum’s Final Summer Adventure. General admission to the museum is $9.95 for children ages 4 to 11; $12.95 for ages 12 to 17 and seniors ages 65 and up; $14.95 for adults. 9am to 5pm.
- Towne Lake Labor Day Parade in Cypress | Labor Day, Monday, September 3 | FREE – Gather your family and join a Labor Day parade through the streets of Towne Lake in Cypress. As you march, show off your red, white, and blue to compete for the most patriotic walker, pet, bike, golf cart, trailer, family, and most spirited overall. 10am to noon.
- 3rd Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social at Stevenson Park | Labor Day, Monday, September 3 | FREE – Step back in time for the 3rd Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social and enjoy ice cream, cookies, lemonade and root beer, and live music from the Wild River Trio at the Stevenson Park in Friendswood. In addition to the Ice Cream Social, this year they will be including a special Harvey Remembrance Event. 3pm to 5pm.
- Lawn Party at Memorial Park Conservancy | Thursday, September 6 | FREE – Play games, eat tasty bites from food trucks, and drink Karbach brews while learning about the Memorial Park Conservancy at this family-friendly Lawn Party. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Children’s Story Hour at Hermann Park | Friday, September 7 | FREE – Bring your little ones to listen to a story every Friday morning in the McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden. After the reading, children are invited to participate in a fun activity. 10am to 11am.
- The Texas Taco, Tequila, and Margarita Festival at Heritage Park in Conroe | Saturday, September 8 – Indulge in seemingly endless tacos, tequila, and margaritas at this annual festival in Conroe’s Heritage Park. Featuring live music from local bands Los Skarnales, Piñata Protest, and Selena Tribute, The Texas Taco, Tequila, and Margarita Festival also offers a kids’ zone for family-friendly fun. Tickets start at $10. Noon to midnight.
- Hip-Hop Orchestra in Houston at Stude Concert Hall | Saturday, September 8 – Witness a unique concert when Thee Phantom & The Illharmonic Orchestra perform their Hip-Hop Orchestra at the Stude Concert Hall in Rice University. $20. 7pm to 9pm.
- Black Panther Movie Screening at Midtown Park | Saturday, September 8 | FREE – Travel to the mythical country of Wakanda at a free, Saturday-night screening of Marvel’s Black Panther in Midtown Park. 7pm to 10pm.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Movie Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, September 8 | FREE – Treat the family to a Saturday-night movie in Sugar Land Town Square, where you can kick back and watch a free screening of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Grandparents Day Breakfast at Hermann Park | Sunday, September 9 – Celebrate your grandparents by taking them out to a breakfast at the Pinewood Cafe at Hermann Park. Other activities will include a special arts and craft project, a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad, and a complimentary ticket for a pedal boat ride on McGovern Lake. Tickets are $14 per adult; $7 per child 12 years and younger. 8:30am to 10am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).