Take your pick from a full slate of games and sports events around Houston in September 2018.
Also in September 2018
Happening This Week
It’s crunch time this month as the Astros look to earn another division title over some tough competition.
Across town, the Texans get going and the Houston Dynamo aim for their first ever Lamar Hunt trophy in the U.S. Open Cup Final at the end of the month.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: September 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, September 1 – The annual Boot Scoot n’ BBQ festival swings open to fans with a ticket to this early evening ballgame. From 3pm to 6pm, fans have a chance to dance to the tunes of the Cottonwood Crows, eat delicious Jackson Street BBQ, and enjoy other streetside festivities. The first 10,000 fans entering the stadium also will receive an Alex Bregman “Walk-Off Hit” bobblehead. Tickets range from $21 to over $140, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:10pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, September 2 – It’s Dog Day at the ballpark and fans will have a chance to bring in their four-legged best friend, with a qualifying ticket. Special Dog Day events include a costume contest, pregame parade and more. Restrictions and specific guidelines to bring your pup apply; click here for more information. Tickets to this game range from $20 to over $150, but you may find better or cheaper tickets on the TicketNetwork resale market. 7:05pm.
- Mexico vs. Uruguay at NRG Stadium | Friday, September 7 – After exciting performances at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, these two teams meet in Houston for what promises to be an electric atmosphere. Tickets range from $36 to over $450, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online market. 8:30pm.
- University of Houston Cougars vs. Arizona Wildcats at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, September 8 – The first home game of the season kicks off for UH football as the Cougars go head-to-head with the Arizona Wildcats, led by former UH coach, Kevin Sumlin. Tickets to this high-profile matchup are available for $140. 11am.
- Topgolf Tour Houston Tournament | Sunday, September 9 – If you’ve ever fancied yourself a master of the links and frequent the various Topgolf locations around town, you might consider competing in the annual Topgolf Tournament taking place at the Webster location. Winning competitors of this regional event advance to tee off for a $50,000 prize in the Las Vegas main event. Registration costs $85 for one player, $170 for teams of two. 8am.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Portland Timbers FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, September 15 – The Dynamo hit the homestretch of the regular season, and need a raucous crowd behind them to carry the team to three points against a tough Western Conference opponent. Tickets range from $29 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- WWE Live at Toyota Center | Saturday, September 15 – The wrestling stars of Smackdown Live arrive back in Houston for a night featuring WWE champion AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Jeff Hardy, and more. Tickets range from $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. 7:30pm.
- Houston Texans vs. New York Giants at NRG Stadium | Sunday, September 23 – Week 3 of the new NFL season brings the Texans home for the first time to face the New York Giants. Tickets for this Sunday afternoon range from $60 to over $480, but you might also spot better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, September 23 – The final home game of the regular season means it’s Fan Appreciation Day at Minute Maid. An Astros team photo and 2019 schedule poster will be handed out to the first 10,000 fans, as well as other events celebrating the fans of the World Champion Astros. Tickets range from $16 to over $140, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 1:10pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Philadelphia Union: US Open Cup Final | Wednesday, September 26 – Eleven years since raising their last trophy (an MLS Cup), the Houston Dynamo have a chance to add another to their cabinet in their first-ever appearance in the US Open Cup Final. The oldest national tournament is in its 104th year and Houston is just 90 minutes from claiming a spot in history. Tickets start at $29, but you may be able to find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).