Our My Top 5 series showcases Houstonians who are creating the city’s culture and community and asks them to share their own local favorites. This week we’re delighted to feature Levi Goode of Goode Company Restaurants. A fifth-generation Texan and native Houstonian, Levi leads Goode Company’s family-owned and operated businesses.
My Top 5 Things to Do in Houston
by Levi Goode
- Mecum Car Auction – I love classic cars, and I can’t miss when the Mecum auction comes to Houston. I picked up a 1972 Blazer from the auction that I enjoy when the Houston weather cooperates.
- Bayou City Angler – One of my favorite pastimes is fishing. Whether I’m fishing on the Gulf or fly fishing in Colorado, it’s my way to recharge. I discovered Bayou City Angler a year ago, and it is by far the best place to source quality equipment or to lose time dreaming of that big catch. A good buddy of mine, Torrey Hawkins, is an avid and passionate angler and conservationist. He decided Houston needed a store like his Bayou City Angler; I agree and like to support his effort to make his dream a reality.
- The Hat Store – You can’t be a true Texan without a quality cowboy hat. The Hat Store off Richmond is owned by Gary Cohen, Houston’s finest hat shaper. He is the only person I trust with my favorite Stetson.
- Original Carrabba’s on Kirby – This is a staple in Houston for Italian cuisine. I like to sit at the bar and hang out with longtime bartenders Shannon and Ricky. I always run into friends when I go; it’s fun to see who I will run into each time I go.
- Houston Texans Games at NRG Stadium – Football season is one of my favorite times of the year. There is nothing better than the combination of cold beer, BBQ, and football. Being able to partner with the NRG Stadium and serve our BBQ to fans in the Verizon Club has been a dream of mine. When the Texans are on the road, I like to throw down on some tailgating at the Armadillo [Palace] and watch our Texans on the big screen.
About Levi Goode
As president of Goode Company Restaurants, Goode is responsible for the company’s restaurants, catering operations, e-commerce business and live music venue. Levi oversees every aspect of the 40-year old company, from recipe development to marketing to business operations to community support. Levi puts his resources, both personal and professional, behind causes near and dear to his heart. His particular passions are preserving Texas culture and conserving its wild areas and supporting youth and education. He is an outdoors sportsman who enjoys hunting and saltwater fishing.