Don’t miss your last chance to experience the Lone Star Flight Museum’s summertime activities at their Final Summer Adventure, happening Saturday, September 1 through Labor Day, Monday, September 3, 2018.
All summer long, the Lone Star Flight Museum has offered a variety of interactive exhibits for adults and youngsters alike. Whether you’re a first-time museum-goer or a frequent flyer, now is the time to check out these seasonal activities.
- Saturday, September 1 – Marvel at vintage aircrafts soaring through the sky, then meet with real-life airplane pilots, crew members, and mechanics. Stop by for a Hangar Talk on the P-47 Thunderbolt.
- Sunday, September 2 – Join Curator Stewart Bailey for an in-depth look at the 1943 low-level raid on Hitler’s oil refineries in Ploiesti, Romania. Then, head to Simulator Bay and explore the skies in a flight simulator. Check out a Hangar Talk on the B-25 Mitchell.
- Labor Day, Monday, September 3 – Observe and learn about AV8R Experiments, take an aircraft tour, or walk through the Living History exhibit. Swing by for a Hangar Talk on the Douglas DC-3.
Looking for a challenge? Snag a Summer Passport on your way into the LSFM, then stop by all of the selected exhibits to claim your prize in the gift shop. Go the extra mile with additional bonus stops to win a private cockpit tour of the aircraft collection.
The Lone Star Flight Museum
Lone Star Flight Museum opened its new, $38-million, state-of-the-art facility at Houston’s Ellington Airport on September 16, 2017. And with a mission to preserve, educate and inspire, LSFM brings aviation to life with its informative exhibits and ongoing activities.
Featuring the Texas Aviation Hall of Fame, the 130,000 square-foot facility is home to a renowned collection of historic aircraft and a million-dollar Aviation Learning Center, as well as its dynamic exhibits. LSFM aims to be a world-class educational museum that provides its visitors with an understanding of the past and inspiration for the future.
Final Summer Adventure at Lone Star Flight Museum
- Date: Saturday, September 1 through Labor Day, Monday, September 3, 2018
- Times: Saturday 9 am to 5pm; Sunday 9am to noon; Monday 9am to 5pm.
- Location: Lone Star Flight Museum, 11551 Aerospace Avenue, Houston, TX 77034
- Parking: Free lot parking is available on site.
- Admission: All experiences are included with admission. Tickets are $14.95; ages 12 to 17, 65 and older are $12.95; ages 4 to 11 are $9.95; free for ages 3 and under and for museum members. Receive a $2 discount when ordering tickets online. Click here to order tickets online or click here for more information about the event.
This article was sponsored by the Lone Star Flight Museum. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.