Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 20 to Sunday, August 26, 2018.
Also Happening This Week
Also in August 2018
Throw a bull’s eye during Rudyard’s 40th-anniversary celebration, ante up at a fundraising poker tournament, shimmy to the sounds of Shakira’s top hits, go behind the scenes of Houston’s Theater District, sway to the croons of music legend Tony Bennett and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Lyle Lovett in Concert at Hobby Center | Wednesday, August 22 – Hear the Texas-sized talents of country singer Lyle Lovett when he and his Large Band perform an intimate concert at Hobby Center downtown. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8pm.
- Shakira in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, August 22 – Shake your hips at a concert from “Whenever, Wherever,” “Hips Don’t Lie,” and “Waka Waka” singer Shakira when she heads to Toyota Center for a make-up show following a vocal cord injury. Tickets start at $50.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. FC Dallas at BBVA Compass Stadium | Thursday, August 23 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play FC Dallas in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $29, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Tony Bennett in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, August 23 – See a concert from the 19-time Grammy-winner, Tony Bennett, as he brings his tour to Sugar Land’s Smart Financial Centre. Hear iconic songs, such as “Steppin’ Out With My Baby” and “I Left My Heart in San Francisco”. Tickets start at $75.75, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online market. 8pm.
- Rudz 40th Anniversary Concert at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, August 24 | No Cover – Cheers to 40 years of Rudyard’s, the iconic British pub in Montrose, as they celebrate their anniversary with live music from local acts Vodi, The Wheel Workers, and Jealous Creatures. 8pm.
- Bourbon Benefit Dinner at Truluck’s Houston | Friday, August 24 – Help preserve Balmorhea State Park and its spring-fed pool by eating a four-course meal paired with Garrison Brothers’ small-batch bourbon at Truluck’s Houston. $200. 7pm to 10pm.
- 7th Annual Wine & Food Fest at Navigation Esplanade | Saturday, August 25 – Get a taste of Texas with local wines and eats at the annual Wine and Food Fest at Navigation Esplanade. Formerly the Pearland Annual Wine & Food Festival, it also offers live music, entertainment, arts and crafts, and shopping. Tickets start at $40. Noon to 8pm.
- Houston Roller Derby 2018 Championship at Revention Music Center | Saturday, August 25 – Roll out to the grand finale of the 2018 roller derby season for one last bout of bruising and brawling as the teams compete for the crown at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $15. 6pm.
- Lindsey Stirling and Evanescence in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, August 25 – Experience an evening of powerful melodies when Grammy winners Evanescence join electric violinist Lindsey Stirling for an epic concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Both acts will be backed by a full orchestra for added intensity. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Sky Blue FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, August 25 – Cheer on the Dash as they play the Sky Blue FC in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $19, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- Theater District Open House in Downtown | Sunday, August 26 | FREE – Get a behind-the-scenes look at Houston’s Theater District at the 25th Annual TransCanada Theater District Open House. You’ll get a sneak peek at next season’s shows, with concerts, performance previews, interactive activities, and special ticket offers at this family-friendly event. Noon to 5pm.
- All in For a Cure Poker Tournament at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Sunday, August 26 – Bring your poker face to the All in For a Cure Poker Tournament at Saint Arnold, benefitting the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation – South Texas Chapter. The lucky winner will receive a trip to the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas valued at $10,000. Tickets start at $500. 2pm to 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).