Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 13 to Sunday, August 19, 2018.
Also in August 2018
Happening This Week
Make your way through a tangle of bamboo, putt for a purpose at the annual Astros Foundation Golf Classic, rock out at as power duo Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson play a joint concert, chow down on food from more than 70 local eateries, solve a mystery in Agatha Christie’s famed stage play and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2018 | Daily – Dine out for a great cause when nearly 250 of Houston’s hottest eateries offer a multi-course brunch, lunch, and/or dinner at an often-discounted price during Houston Restaurants Weeks 2018. Now in its 15th year, HRW is the largest annual fundraiser that benefits the Houston Food Bank. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Astros Foundation Golf Classic | Monday, August 13 – Play a round of Topgolf and raise funds for the Astros Foundation’s military and youth initiatives at the annual Astros Foundation Golf Classic in Topgolf Spring. Tickets start at $250. Noon.
- The Mousetrap at the Alley Theatre | Tuesday, August 14 to Sunday, August 19 – Take a seat for one of the longest-running shows in the world, Agatha Christie’s thrilling mystery, The Mousetrap. In the beloved British play, a group of visitors takes shelter from a snowstorm in a boarding house, only to find that one of their new companions is a murderer. Tickets start at $26. Showtimes vary.
- Mind the Gap at the MATCH | Tuesday, August 14 – Delight in a creative dance performance when Dance Source Houston, in collaboration with MATCH, kicks off its 2018-2019 season of Mind the Gap. Tickets are $15. 7:30pm.
- J. Cole in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, August 15 – See a live show from chart-topping rapper J. Cole when he hits the stage at Toyota Center in Downtown. He’ll be joined by Young Thug, Jaden Smith, and EarthGang. 7pm. Tickets start at $61, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Indian Street Foods Cooking Class at Pondicheri | Wednesday, August 15 – Learn how to cook three types of Indian sauces, then how to incorporate them into various snacks and salads, in this intimate cooking class at Pondicheri. $100. 5pm to 7pm.
- Shakira in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, August 22 – Shake your hips at a concert from “Whenever, Wherever,” “Hips Don’t Lie,” and “Waka Waka” singer Shakira when she heads to Toyota Center for a make-up show following a vocal cord injury. Tickets start at $50.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Bush in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Thursday, August 16 – Get ready to rock out with a triple threat performance from headliners Bush, The Cult, and Stone Temple Pilots at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online market. 6pm.
- Chefs + Brewers: Saint Arnold Brewing Company at The Dunlavy | Thursday, August 16 – Come hungry for this four-course meal prepared by the chefs at The Dunlavy and accompanied by craft beer from Saint Arnold Brewing. $75. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, August 17 | FREE – Hear mesmerizing harmonies from the Grammy Award-winning and internationally acclaimed acapella group, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, when they perform a free show at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:15pm.
- Houston Food Fest at Hermann Square Park | Saturday, August 18 – Feast on tasty bites from more than 70 local food trucks and restaurants at the annual Houston Food Fest in Hermann Square Park. While chowing down, you can listen to live music and play interactive games with your hungry companions. Tickets start at $5. Noon to 10pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Real Salt Lake at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, August 18 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play Real Salt Lake in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $29, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Noche Interesante at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, August 18 | No Cover – Join the Dos Equis team as they host a Noche Interesante, aka “interesting night,” at Silver Street Studios. Aside from sipping Dos Equis signature cocktails throughout the evening, you can also enjoy a comedy stage, photo booth, barbecue from a local pitmaster, a DJ, and a battle of the mixologists. 8pm to 11pm.
- Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, August 18 – Catch a heavy metal double-header when Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson team up for their tour, which will stop at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Big Bambú: This Thing Called Life at MFAH | Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19 – Duck and dodge your way through a massive tangle of bamboo poles when Big Bambú: This Thing Called Life returns to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston for its fifth consecutive summer season. $18.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).