Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, August 13 to Sunday, August 19, 2018.
Also in August 2018
Happening This Week
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Kid Krazy Mondays Movie Screening: Star Wars: The Last Jedi at Kemah Boardwalk | Monday, August 13 | FREE – Take the kiddos out to Kemah Boardwalk for a family-friendly movie screening of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. 8:30pm.
- Hangar Talk: DC-3 at Lone Star Flight Museum | Wednesday, August 15 | FREE – Bring the whole family to learn all about the DC-3 aircraft at the Lone Star Flight Museum. 11am to 2pm.
- Coco Movie Screening at Matzke Park | Wednesday, August 15 | FREE – Bring the family out to see an outdoor screening of Coco, Pixar’s movie based on the Mexican holiday, Dia de los Muertos at Matzke Park. 6:45pm.
- Jurassic Park Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Wednesday, August 15 | FREE – Celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Steven Spielberg classic, Jurassic Park, with an outdoor screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm.
- Circus Night featuring Cirque La Vie at Memorial City | Thursday, August 16 | FREE – Be amazed and delighted by Houston’s premier circus group, Cirque La Vie with their high-flying, spectacular family-friendly performance at Memorial City. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Listen Local: Music on the Plaza with DJ Gracie Chavez & Batala Houston at The Brown Foundation Plaza | Friday, August 17 | FREE – The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) hosts a new summer music series on Friday evenings in their newest outdoor space, The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. This week, enjoy club, dance, and samba reggae percussion by DJ Gracie Chavez and Batala Houston. 5pm to 8pm.
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, August 17 | FREE – This Grammy Award-winning vocal ensemble, Ladysmith Black Mambazo brings its harmonies and energies to Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:15pm.
- 2nd Annual Lambert Hall Open House at Opera in the Heights | Saturday, August 18 | FREE – Get a firsthand look at what goes on behind the scenes when Opera in the Heights hosts its 2nd Annual Lambert Hall Open House. Visitors of all ages can expect giveaways, popcorn, face-painting, a social media contest, an opera costume dress-up station and photo op, ticket discounts and more. 9am to 11:30am.
- Houston Astros Children’s Activities at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19 – Show your support for the World Series Champions when the Children’s Museum of Houston hosts Houston Astros Children’s Activities. Throughout the month of August, you can save $2 on tickets by bringing your Houston Astros game ticket stub from any game in July or August. Those who wear any Astros related stuff will also receive $2 off admission, now through August 31, 2018. Saturday 10am to 6pm and Sunday noon to 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).