Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 6 to Sunday, August 12, 2018.
Also in August 2018
Top 11 Plays & Arts Performances
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
See country music star Miranda Lambert in concert, learn to cook delicious Creole dishes with your S.O., send the kids to a free day camp led by former NFL players and professional cheerleaders, promote diversity at the Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival, root for the home team when the Astros take on the Mariners, and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2018 | Daily – Dine out for a great cause when nearly 250 of Houston’s hottest eateries offer a multi-course brunch, lunch, and/or dinner at an often-discounted price during Houston Restaurants Weeks 2018. Now in its 15th year, HRW is the largest annual fundraiser that benefits the Houston Food Bank. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, August 9 to Sunday, August 12 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Mariners in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $21, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Thursday and Friday 7:10pm; Saturday 6:10pm; Sunday 1:10pm.
- Thursday Night Take Over at Fluff Bake Bar | Thursday, August 9 | No Cover – Join Fluff Bake Bar owner Rebecca Masson as she welcomes fellow chef Claudette Zepeda-Wilkins of San Diego’s El Jardin for this week’s Thursday Night Take Over. Each chef will prepare a menu of three to four items available a la carte, along with optional wine pairings and beer from Saint Arnold. 6pm to 9pm.
- Date Night Cooking Class: Creole at Brennan’s of Houston | Friday, August 10 – Bring your special someone to cook delicious Creole dishes during a date night cooking class in the famed Midtown eatery. The menu features deviled crab-stuffed mirliton, creole-spiced palacios redfish, and a bananas foster crepe. $150 per couple. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Miranda Lambert in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, August 10 – Sing along to hits like “The House That Built Me,” “Over You,” and “Gunpowder and Lead” when country music star Miranda Lambert takes the stage at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. She’ll be joined by fellow country singers Little Big Town, The Steel Woods, and Tenille Towns. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 7pm.
- Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival at George R. Brown Convention Center | Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12 – Celebrate African American culture and promote diversity with music, food, fashion, art, and guest speakers during the Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival at George R. Brown Convention Center. Tickets start at $15. Saturday noon to 10pm; Sunday noon to 7pm.
- Smitty’s Day at the Park at Moody Park | Saturday, August 11 | FREE – Join retired NFL player Wade Smith for his second annual health and fitness kids camp, Smitty’s Day, at Moody Park. Former NFL players, high school and collegiate athletes, professional cheerleaders, authors, musicians, and artists will lead kids in grades K through 6 through a variety of fun activities. 8am.
- MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital Back-to-School Bash at The Galleria | Saturday, August 11 | FREE – Cool off from the summer heat with face painting, balloon artists, interactive activities, and a back-to-school fashion show at MD Anderson Cancer Hospital’s Back-to-School Bash in The Galleria. Benefitting the hospital, the fashion show will feature pediatric cancer patients, their siblings, and MD Anderson caregivers. Noon.
- Chile Relleno Class at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen | Saturday, August 11 – Pop on your chef’s cap as you learn how to cook Sylvia Casares’ famous chile rellenos. The hands-on demonstration includes recipes for beef or cheese rellenos, special toppings, rice, and refried beans. $65. 1pm to 4pm.
- Bud Light Lime Sand Volleyball Tournament | Saturday, August 11 – Bump, set, spike your way to victory in the annual Bud Light Lime Sand Volleyball Tournament at Volleyball USA. All skill levels are welcome with divisions including recreational, intermediate, and competitive. 3pm.
- Bleachers on Love Street at Karbach Brewing Co. | Saturday, August 11 – Feel the love with a summer concert from indie pop group Bleachers, as they headline Karbach Brewery’s annual Love Street event. $30. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Chef Series Finale Dinner: A Louisiana Culinary Adventure at Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse | Saturday, August 11 – The summer-long Houston Chef Series comes to a close with a final chef-packed dinner, featuring Celebrity Guest Chef John Folse of Louisiana. The seven-course dinner with feature delicious Louisiana dishes, each paired with a different specialty cocktail. $199 per guest, which includes meal and drinks; $175 for Landry’s Select Club members. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.