Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, August 6 to Sunday, August 12, 2018.
Also in August 2018
Top 11 Plays & Arts Performances
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Kid Krazy Mondays: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Movie Screening at Kemah Boardwalk | Monday, August 6 | FREE – Take the kiddos out to Kemah Boardwalk for a family-friendly movie screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. 8:30pm.
- Into the Woods at MATCH | Monday, August 6 to Saturday, August 11 – Operativo presents the Stephen Sondheim musical that takes familiar fairy tales and gives them new meaning, as a witch, a baker and his wife, Cinderella, a boy named Jack, and other characters familiar and not journey through the woods in search of their desires. Tickets start at $17. Times vary per day.
- Listen Local: Music on the Plaza with Patric Johnson at The Brown Foundation Plaza | Friday, August 3 | FREE – The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) hosts a new summer music series on Friday evenings in their newest outdoor space, The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. This week, enjoy indie folk rock by Patric Johnson. 5pm to 8pm.
- Pilot Experience at Lone Star Flight Museum | Friday, August, 10 | FREE – Explore the skies like a real pilot when the Lone Star Flight Museum hosts their family-friendly Pilot Experience event. 10am to 4pm.
- Evening Chill at Houston Zoo | Friday, August 10 and Saturday, August 11 – Scope out your favorite animals without melting from the summer heat when the Houston Zoo extends its hours for the Evening Chill. Zoo-goers can also enjoy live music and family-friendly activities after sundown. Tickets start at $11. 5pm to 8pm each day.
- Pixar’s Coco Movie Screening at Kings-Harbor| Friday, August 10 | FREE – Bring the whole family to watch an outdoor screening of Pixar’s Oscar-winning movie Coco, inspired by Mexico’s Dia de los Muertos holiday and traditions, under the stars at Kings-Harbor. 8:30pm.
- Smitty’s Day at the Park at Moody Park | Saturday, August 11 | FREE – Join retired NFL player Wade Smith for his second annual health and fitness kids camp, Smitty’s Day, at Moody Park. Former NFL players, high school and collegiate athletes, professional cheerleaders, authors, musicians, and artists will lead kids in grades K through 6 through a variety of fun activities. 8am.
- PJ Masks Meet and Greet at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, August 11 – Take the kiddos to meet and greet with the characters of PJ Masks at Children’s Museum of Houston. Included with general admission to the museum. 9am to 3pm.
- Astronaut Clayton Anderson: A is For Astronaut at Barnes and Noble River Oaks | Saturday, August 11 | No Cover – Hear astronaut Clayton Anderson read from his recently published children’s book, A is for Astronaut, followed by a Q&A session for aspiring astronauts and a book-signing. 11am.
- MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital Back-to-School Bash at The Galleria | Saturday, August 11 | FREE – Cool off from the summer heat with face painting, balloon artists, interactive activities, and a back-to-school fashion show at MD Anderson Cancer Hospital’s Back-to-School Bash in The Galleria. Benefitting the hospital, the fashion show will feature pediatric cancer patients, their siblings, and MD Anderson caregivers. Noon.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.